Chapter 56.

A few days ago.

"Heidi" Sarah speaks as Heidi is about to walk out of Anthony's room, to go home and rest.

"Yeah." She smiles and turns back around.

"I know I told you to go rest, but could we talk?" She ask's.

"Sure."

Sarah and Heidi walk down to the hospitals cafeteria.

"What'd you want to talk about?" Heidi gives her a warm smile.

"Everything since you've been gone."

"It's been one big roller coaster of emotions." Heidi sighs.

"Let's start with college, how was that?" Sarah smiles.

"It's was great, I actually ended up doing more than just medical assisting."

"Really, that's wonderful. What did you do?"

"I went into nursing and it's something I love doing."

"That's great sweetie, I'm so proud of you." Sarah takes Heidi's hand.

"Thank you."

"Are you working here?" Sarah ask's.

"Um, no. I have a job in California." Heidi smiles.

"You do? I thought-" Heidi cuts her off.

"No, I only came for a vacation back here."

"I see, what about your boyfriend? Well fiancé now." Sarah clarifies.

"Anthony told you?"

"That's the first thing he said when he walked through the door before he left after arguing with me." Sarah pauses, "It's my fault he's like this, in this condition."

"No it's not, it's more my fault than yours." Heidi replies.

"In no way is this your fault."

"It is because I saw the way he looked when Justin proposed in front of him."

"But it's not your fault, I was the last person he was with and whom he had an encounter with."

"Sarah, I don't think we should blame each other. Anthony will know who to blame at the end of the day." Heidi responds.

"You're right, but I want to ask you something sweetie." Sarah looks at her, "Why are you getting married? Did you really move on, because if I have to be honest I can tell you still love my son, you wouldn't have rushed here to begin with, none the less be here everyday."

"Because I still care about him." Heidi replies not even answering the questions.

The three last days Heidi's routine has been the same.

She has been waking up early in the morning just to go visit Anthony at the hospital, the doctors haven't said much about him.