Chapter 54.

The sky was tinted dark blue with lots of smoking clouds.

Heidi's parents were in the kitchen placing the table as Anthony and her had a talk in the living room.

"I really miss the old days, when it was just you and I walking around the park for hours, when we weren't miles away, when I used to hold your hand every single time, when I used to hug you so you wouldn't get mad at me when we used to fight over who was going to pay. I miss all those times when I would hold you till you would fall asleep in my arms and then waking up not wanting to let go of you, when we would make cake together, I miss your smile, your voice, but what I miss the most is you, all of you, I wish you could stay here so things could be the same, they way they used to be, when both of us were happy together.

I know it's weird because like I said we are miles apart from each other but if you want we can make things happen again, I don't want to be your friend Heidi, I want to be more than your friend." Anthony says

Heidi stares at his eyes, she was surprised by what he had just said, she didn't know what to do or say.

"Anthony I-" someone interrupts her by knocking on the door, she stood up and opens the door to find Justin standing in front of her.

"Hey" He says, he steps forward and hugs her then pulls away and kisses her gently on the lips.

She doesn't hug him back neither does she kiss him.

"Heidi." Her mother says getting her attention.

"What is going on?"

"Mom I-"

"Let me" Justin cuts her off, "Ma'am, I'm Justin Montgomery, Heidi's boyfriend." He offers her a hand, she slowly turns to Anthony and sees that he is just as surprised as her, but that's not the only thing she sees, she can also see that he is hurting, she feels bad but she can't do anything.

She takes Justin's hand, "Nice meeting you Justin, I'm Maria Heidi's mother." She says as her husband joined them, "Honey this is Justin, Heidi's...boyfriend." Maria tells her husband.

"I'd like to marry your daughter."

❖ Anthony Gordon ❖

"I'd like to marry your daughter." He said and just like that I realized that she had a new life, a life in which I don't exist.

I stand up not wanting to hear anymore, I walk out of the house not looking back at Heidi.

As soon as I reach the car I get in and slam the door, I turn around and look through the window she turns and looks at me, and our eyes lock one more time, then I start to remember the time when we made a cake together, when we used to sleep in each other's arms.
She looks to her front and he slides the ring on her fingers, I look away and start driving.

This wouldn't be happening if I wouldn't have listened to my mother, If I would have left with her, I would have been the one asking for her hand not him.

Minutes later.

Anthony arrived at his house he got off the car and went inside the house, he slams the door too hard that the family picture that was hanging on the wall fell to the ground and shattered into pieces.

"Anthony what's wrong?" His mom asks and he ignores her question.

"It was my god damn fault for listening to you, to you and your stupid advice I shouldn't have ever listened to you, because of you she's getting married with someone else, she started a new life without me, If I had left with her nothing would have happened right now!" He yells at her.

"Heidi is getting married?" His mom asks she didn't know what was going on, she didn't know if Heidi was getting married more the less that she was back, no wonders Anthony had seemed so happy.

"Yes. Heidi is getting married, the only girl I've ever really fallen for is getting married with someone that's not me!" He yells at her again, "Anthony maybe you're confused and" he cuts her off,

"Confused, mom? Really?" He sarcastically says, "I saw everything with my own eyes, when that asshole was telling her parents he'd like to marry their daughter. I was there when he kissed her, you want to know how I felt like mom? I felt like shit. And it's all because of you, you said everything was going to get better for us, you said she was going to come back and we were going to get back together and be happy like how we used to be, you said a love like ours was forever-"
His mom cuts him off-

"Anthony she loves you I know that!"

"Really? So that's why she's getting married then? Because she loves me so much that she prefers to get married with someone else, I don't know if she feels the same way anymore. I mean I don't blame her, it's my fault for letting her go all because you just cared about the stupid money.
Only if I hadn't never listened to you, I think my life would be much better."

He turns around and leaves, he gets in his car and starts driving.