Chapter 38.

Laying in bed Heidi just lets the tears stream down.
She couldn't believe what her eyes saw, it's only been a few months and he seems to be more then happy.
How could he do that to her.

"But he loves me, at least that's what I thought." She whispers to herself

Her day was going very well, she was getting even better but then she saw the picture and everything fell apart.

Everything seemed to be getting worse once again.

She couldn't believe that he did that to her, he lied to her he said he would wait for her, he said he loved her.

More tears scroll down her cheeks, she doesn't know how to feel, she's sad, confused, angry, upset, disappointed, frustrated and so much more.

Dry racking sobs, tear-stained, puffy eyed, nose running, blowing nose, great heaving sobs, intense, crying in abject misery, silent tears rolling down her cheeks, devastated, pink eyes, red in the face, seemingly endless flow of tears.

When she cries it's never a trickle and it never starts in her eyes. It begins as a feeling in her chest and a sadness in her brain. The leaking water is only a blessed release, it's one way her body chooses to cope.

I wish I could turn my tears off, I do. My emotions swirl like ocean currents, deep and strong.

She just doesn't know what to do, and that makes her even more angry, she gets off the bed and starts throwing things across the room as more tears scroll down.

"Why?" She starts yelling and throws her phone at the mirror in front of her.

The phone and mirror shatter.

She collapses on the floor and starts to cry even harder.

As much as she tries to avoid those memories of them together, she just can't they keep on crashing into her head, the way he used to smile at her, those happy times that they spent together at the park, the time they were both at Disneyland at the beach, playing with the water, when he gave her a promise ring, all those roses he bought for her, all those nights they spent hugging each other.

And then the picture of them hugging each other crosses her mind, she just couldn't believe that Anthony was dating Joe again, just after breaking up with her a couple months ago.

After saying that he loved her, he told her he was going to wait for her, to not give up on them.

He lied to me.

Was the whole relationship a lie as well?

Maybe Joe did have a point, he did make a mistake in dating her.

He wanted Joe all this time not her, and that is what made things even worse.

✯ Cesi ✯

"She hasn't answered me, I've called her and nothing, she doesn't answer and I don't know what's wrong." Anthony says worried, he said that ever since yesterday morning, Heidi hasn't answered his messages or calls and he's really worried something might have happened to her.

"OK. Okay I'll call, but let me finish my nachos firs-" he cut her off, "No. you're going to call her right now. What if something happened to her, what if someone kidnapped her and then their going to do something to her a-" Cesi cuts him off.

"Okay, clam down Romeo I'll call her, but why would someone kidnap her?"

"Because she's beautiful, kind, smart, loving, caring, and...just perfect." He sighs and Cesi just stares at him with a weird face.

"That... doesn't.... No....what? Let's just call her." Cesi gets up and they go to the room, "Sit right there and don't you dare move, I'm going to video call her." Cesi pulls her phone out and starts calling, the phone starts ringing...

But she doesn't answer, it keeps ringing and when she's about to give up it connects.

"Hello" Heidi answers, and she doesn't look good at all.

"Hiii, how have you been?" Cesi ask's, and from the looks of it she knew something was wrong with her.

"Ugh" Heidi sighs, "Great, I've been really really good my life is just great." She sarcastically says and fakes smiles.

"Wow um..that's nice?, How is college?" Cesi ask's, and she notices her eyes.

"It's great, a very nice university, great people." Heidi sarcastically replies.

"Oh any new friends? boyfriends?" Cesi ask's as she turns discreetly to Anthony and he gives her the I'm going to kill you Look.

"Nope, I don't have time to be dating stupid boys, they all end up lying at the end of the day." Heidi says getting frustrated.

"What's wrong?" Cesi asks

"I don't know" she sarcastically says, "Maybe you should ask your friend back there" and she hangs up.

Cesi turns around to find Anthony standing in back of her, "I freaking told you to not move." Cesi says, "Now what the hell did she mean by ask your friend back there?"

"Uh, to ask me?" Anthony says

"I know she said to ask you, but why?, what did you do to her?, what did you tell her?" Cesi ask's

"I didn't say anything to her, I already told you I don't know what's wrong." He says running his hands through his hair.

"Well at least you already know that no one kidnapped her, so you don't have to worry anymore." She smiles.

But she had to call her again and ask what was going on.