Chapter 43.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask Cole.

Currently we are at some nearby fast food place, I just ordered a drink, and he ordered some food.

"About how unhappy you seem to always be." Cole replies back

"Uh? With what?"

"Everything in general."

I just sigh and wait for the interrogation to start.

"So, why are you with Justin? If you clearly love someone else." Cole comes out and says it.

Did I just hear him correctly?
Boy literally has a thing for coming out straight to the point.

"What? How is that possible?" I smile

"I can see the way that you see him it's not love, and you seem to have this sadness inside of you and like a defense mechanism you act different, unlike with me you're really nice."

Shocked to hear him I don't know how to respond at first but it was no use if I kept quiet, besides he didn't seem like he would rat me out to Justin, after all ever since I've met him, he helps me make fun of him.

"You won't tell Justin will you?"

"I promise Heidi." Cole says

Wow I didn't even have to say that.

"Okay..yes I don't like Justin but can you blame me. He is ignorant, has a big ego, and I made certain choices only because I was mad and I'm here now." Cole chuckles as he hears me.

"You don't even feel the least bit attracted to him? Who were you mad at?"

"I am trying, he isn't a bad guy I know he can be nice at times. I was mad at my ex-boyfriend I saw something on social media and it honestly got to me." I explain.
"He was everything to me, and when I had to come out here without him it hurt like hell, I was dropping everything just to stay there but he told me to leave and that was the end for us."

"Who is this lucky guy? But I can see where your coming from." He smiles

"Anthony." I sigh, "Sometimes I feel like I should have never left."

"Well you wouldn't have met me what's the fun in that? But Heidi if you truly believe that things won't work with Justin I'd break them off and go with the person you really love." Cole states.

I chuckle, "True." Pausing for a bit I speak again, "It's just that he didn't love me." I reply.

"What?" Cole ask's confused.

"The picture I saw, he moved on pretty quickly, and well it made me see things clear, maybe he lied to me, or was never going to wait. Whatever the case was it's over now, after all he did go back to his ex." I smile.

"That's dumb. I'm sure he loves you, Maybe it's all a misunderstanding. Don't give up on that hope you still have inside of you." He smiles.

Could Cole be any more amazing with words.

I tell Cole everything from the start, to finish. From when I came here to the picture I saw and how from their I ended up staying.

He talked to me, gave advice, of course it was too late to go back but I could always tell Cole anything.

"I didn't change my career to stay longer, that was something I meant to do for a while, I just wanted to get my certificate for Medical Assistant."

"Ah, you want two things achieved, well I'm proud and you'll finish beforehand anyways." Cole says

"Yea and I can get to work with what I really want to do." I smile