Sick at school

Freshman - year 10
Sophomore - year 12

Foods and nutrition us a class with six small kitchens where students learn how clean, cook and prepare food properly.

_______________________________It was 8:20 am

It was 8:20 am. Too early in Hoseoks opinion be taught how to make muffins in his foods and nutrition class. His partner, Jungkook, who was a freshman, was clearly intimidated by the Sophomore. He kept to himself and was constantly offering to clean the dishes or take dirty towels to the wash. It was understandable, upperclassmen are always scary until you get to know them.

"I finished the measuring spoons. Is there an-" jungkook was cut off.

"Just be quiet." Hoseok demanded, his head aching and nose running.

Jungkook nodded and backed away, holding his head down. He quietly knelt to the ground to look and see if their food turned out ok. He let out a breathy laugh, happy to see that they rose perfectly. Jungkook stumbled up to his feet and started shaking hoseoks shoulder.

"Th-They're perfect!" He grinned, bouncing on his tip toes.

"Hmph." Hoseok grumbled, shrugging the younger off of him. "Please don't touch me."

"Oh, sorry." Jungkook apologized.

Hoseok coughed into his elbow and leant against the counter, squeezing his eyes shut. His body swayed slightly until he lowered himself to the floor. Jungkook watch carefully, trying to asses what was going on.

"Are you ok?" He asked quietly.

Hoseok groaned, shaking his head. His rising fever clouded his thoughts and began distorting the room around him. An itch in his throat grew and made itself more clear with a coughing fit. He knew for a fact he should have stayed home from school, but he didn't have any other option. He needed to be there to take his math test. Jungkook kneeled and placed a gentle hand on hoseoks shoulder.

"Should I get the teacher?" He asked, pulling the older out of his trance.

"I don't-" Hoseok was cut off my a woman standing above the two.

"What are you doing?! Get off the floor and start cleaning your kitchen. I swear you boys never get anything done!" She exasperated, her varying from serious to sarcastic, yet not sarcastic. (Cough couch- my teacher who yelled at me for messing up some directions)

"Ms, hoseok isn't feeling ok. Can-can I take him to the nurse?" Jungkook asked shyly, not daring to give the snappy woman eye contact.

She sighed. "Finding excuses are we?"

"No. He-I-, somethings wrong." He stuttered, looking at hoseok as goosebumps popped up on his exposed arms.

"He should tell me what's wrong then." She retorted, crossing her arms. By this point other students were staring from their stations, observing the scene.

Jungkook swallows and looked over to the older. Wishing that the old hag would just let them go without starting conflict. He's on the floor for Christ's sake.

"Dizzy an- cold." Were the only words hoseok managed to squeak out before coughing harshly into his elbow.

She furrowed her brow and turned into the connecting room. Seconds later she came back holding a hall pass. She handed to jungkook and waved them off.

"Go with him. I don't need to be sued for having him pass out in the halls." She said.

Jungkook nodded and ran off to gather hoseoks things. He lifted the older heavy bag onto his back and returned to help him up. Hoseok stood warily and mumbled curses under his breath. The younger of the pair lead him out of the classroom as they made their way to the nurses office.

"Will you be able to make it?" Jungkook asked thinking about how ridiculously far away the nurses office was from a kitchen full of knives and clumsy teens.

"I'll be fine." Hoseok muttered.

They slowly but surely walked down the many hallways through the math hall, sports hall, cafe, and literature hall until they finally arrived at the ajar wooden door. Hoseok wrapped his arms around his torso and groaned. Jungkooks eyes widened and shoved the door open, dragging the dizzy hoseok to a trash can.

"Hey! Do you two have a pass?!" The school nurse shouted.

Hoseok gagged and, "blaagggg!"

The nurse shot up from her seat and speed walked over the the pair. Jungkook kept his hand in hoseoks back and hushed the older.

"Oh jeez, I'll call your parents." She sighed.

______________________________

Yo this was really really short and pretty shitty, but I wanted to post for you guys. Part 3 of What did We Eat is in the works :) I love you guys.

Don't forget to vote and comment , I love to hear from you !!