Freakin pumpkins !

⚠️mentions of knives and blood
_________________________

Jin groaned, lifting the heavy orange pumpkin up on to the table. Jungkook clapped his hands. He had been begging Jin for weeks to carve pumpkins and today was finally the day. Halloween was just a few days away and he couldn't be more excited. Even though Jungkook was too old to go trick-or-treating he still loved the holiday season and colorful decorations. Taehyung and Jimin even bought five bags of Halloween candy for them to devour in the coming days.

"Okay, do you need help opening it?" Jin asked, staring at Jungkook who was still a 15 year old in his eyes.

"Nope." Jungkook said, picking a up the knife.

He stabbed it into the pumpkin and started slicing around the stem, laughing menacingly. Jin stared with and disturbed look, watching the youngest rip open the pumpkin like he just killed his mortal enemy. He quietly bit the insides of his cheeks, praying to god their he wouldn't slice a finger off. Jungkook reached into the pumpkin and grabbed a handful of the insides.

"Blaahh! It looks like freakin snot!" He laughed, holding it up for Jin to see.

"Yah! Put it in the bowl." Jin scolded, chuckling as he tossed a big metal bowl in Jungkooks direction.

"I dare you to eat a seed." Jungkook joked, flicking one at the older. Jin dodged out of the way and shook his head.

Jungkook continued gutting the pumpkin, comparing the guts to any disgusting substance he could think of. Jin stayed by his side, making sure he didn't ingest anything, as he was a very curious person who would eat literally anything. When the pumpkin was cleaned out, jungkook grabbed a black sharpie and started mapping out his design. Jin watched with curiosity.

"You should make a dick pumpkin." Hoseok said, walking behind the two. Jungkook laughed and rejected the idea, continuing his art.

"I think this is good!" He chirped, turning to Jin for his opinion on the drawing of the Cheshire Cat face.

"Wow, are sure that'll work? It seems complex." Jin said, pretty shocked at the detail.

"Yes, I can do it." He stated, picking up the small carving knife. "It'll be LIT!" He said, using lit ironically.

"Jesus Christ." Jin sighed. "I'm going to start the dish washer."

"Have fun." Jungkook said, poking into the pumpkin.

"Be safe." Jin called out, even though he was only a room away.

Jin hummed to himself, picking up dirty dishes from the sink, rinsing them and putting the into the dishwasher. For the next ten minutes he kept his ears alert incase jungkook called for him or needed any help. He continued his light work and dried his hands on his pants when he was finished.

"Shit!" Someone cursed under their breath.

"Are you ok?" Jin called out.

"I'm fine." Came a shaky voice, cracking.

Jin poked his head around the doorway and gasped when he saw a pale Jungkook holding his bleeding finger. Jungkook stared down at the blood that was dripping onto the table and floor.

"Oh god...what did you do?!" Jin scolded. It wasn't that he was angry, he was just worried, but his worried tone came out angrier than he meant.

"I'm sorry!" Jungkook sobbed, lowering his head.

"Oh Kookie." Jin rushed over and dragged jungkook to the kitchen. He lifted the sink tap and started pulling jungkook's hand towards the running water.