A Fever Named Scarlett

This was requested by someone ? I'm really sorry, I tried to find who it was but I probably missed it. Whoever requested this thank you very much 💕
__________
Jungkook sat nervously in the doctors office with Taehyung by his side. He was awaiting the long q-tip test, where his doctor would basically gag him in order to take a test for strep throat. A few days prior Jungkook had complained about a sore throat. It progressively got worse, a fever and cough joining the party. Jungkook was also found earlier that morning at 2 am coughing so hard that he began throwing up in the kitchen sink. Luckily, Hoseok was near by and immediately ran to his side.

Taehyung volunteered to look after the youngest, giving him lots of warm tea and cough drops. The maknaes room had become quarantined to just him and Taehyung in order keep the illness from spreading too much. His room was filled with dirty tissues, cough drop wrappers and medicine boxes all over the floor. Taehyung, being the one to look after Jungkook, hadn't gotten a chance to tidy up, being very busy with an oddly clingy Jungkook.

He would leave a sleeping Jungkook to get some soup, for example, and return to see Jungkook sitting straight up, whimpering with tears in his eyes. Taehyung assumed that it was the fever making him so incredibly anxious and panicked when left alone and the fact that the only noise he could make was a pitiful wheeze. Everyone had different reactions to bad fevers some people may just sleep through the illness, hallucinate or get irritable and grumpy, Jungkook got nervous and clingy, who knows what they would have done if he started hallucinating.

"Can we leave?" Jungkook wrote down in his notes app, showing it to Taehyung.

Tae sighed, "No Kookie, we have to do this one test and then we can head back home."

Jungkook pouted behind his face mask, shifting uncomfortably in his chair. He swallowed his spit, being hit with a sharp burning as it went down. Jungkook winced and shot his hand up to his throat, gritting his teeth. He shook his head, trying to dismiss the oncoming tears.

"Oh, Jungkook~ Shhh, it's alright. We're going to get some antibiotics very soon." Taehyung said soothingly, rubbing Jungkooks back softly.

Jungkook looked up from his lap when heard the click of a doorhandle. A petite nurse walked in, holding the long q-tips on a red tray with a cup of water. Jungkook shrunk into himself slightly, leaning into Taehyung. They watched as she put on her gloves and unwrapped the torture device. (These demons. It hurts to even look at)

"Okay, are you ready?" She asked kindly, smiling at Jungkook

Tae pulled the youngers mask down, showing off his lovely rash that the doctor gasped quietly at, giving him a complex. Thankfully, the nurse didn't seem too surprised at all.

"Just open your mouth." Tae said quietly.

Jungkook hesitated for awhile, struggling to get it over with. He eventually opened his mouth wide enough for the cotton swab to be shoved down his throat. Jungkook gripped Taehyungs arm as he gagged loudly through the pain. Nearly five seconds later it was over. The nurse took the stick and sealed it up in a plastic bag, handing Jungkook the cup of water. Jungkook handed it off to Tae, crying silently.

(That hurts my throat to write. I've had this procedure done maybe three times? It's terrible)

"Please drink some water." The nurse encouraged. "It will help to keep you hydrated."

Jungkook listened to the nurse and took a few sips, whimpering at the pain that followed. He squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the pain to subside. Taehyung continued to rub his back. Jungkook scratched at his neck when the pain went away, as the nurse left the room.

"Yah, don't do that." Taehyung scolded calmly, lowering Jungkooks hand from his neck.

"Itchy." Jungkook whispered, the only way of communication that didn't hurt like hell fire.

"I know, but they gave us this remember?" Tae said, showing Jungkook the tube of ointment they were given.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung and shook his head side to side. Tae pouted, "That fever's really taking a toll on you, huh?"

"Mhm." He grumbled.

"Let's get going, yeah? They're going to call us back tomorrow and tell us the results." Tae said, standing up from the chair. He reached his hand out and helped Jungkook to his feet.

The pair left the hospital and drove home, listening to the radio. Jungkook continuously slipping in and out of consciousness. Once home, Taehyung helped Jungkook back into the apartment and into his room, being greeted by Namjoon.

"How'd it go?" Namjoon asked, softly resting his hand on Jungkooks forehead.

"Um, it was okay. They put that stick thing down his throat to test for strep, so if the doctors call and I miss it just say you're me." Taehyung said, helping Jungkook take off his thick hoodie.

"Alright, does he need anything?" The older asked.

"Uhm~" Taehyung said, looking up at the ceiling as he thought about the question. "No, I think he's okay for now? Do you need anything kook?"

Jungkook shook his head no and climbed into his bed, wrapping the covers tightly around himself like a burrito. Namjoon sighed sadly, feeling extremely upset for the youngest. His bubbly self had vanished. Namjoon left without another word, returning to the kitchen to update the others.

Cough cough cough

Jungkook launched upright, being attacked by a nasty coughing fit. He flailed his hands around wildly, grabbing Taehyungs wrist, overwhelmed by the searing pain in his throat. He whined out, gritting his teeth while still coughing.

"Jungkook, shhh, shhh." Taehyung said slowly, wrapping an arm around Jungkooks shaking form. "I know hurts, just calm down. Everything will be alright. I'm here, I'm always here."

Jungkook's lip trembled, his mind and body equally overwhelmed. All he wanted was to feel better, although, the feeling of 'better' seemed foreign to him. Taehyung held him securely, allowing the maknae to express his emotions, even if they were negative. Jungkook began silent crying, letting out heavy/shaky breaths as tears rolled down his pink cheeks.

"Let it out, Kookie. It's okay. In just a little while we will have some good antibiotics that will heal up that fever and throat in no time." Taehyung said quietly, grabbing a tissue and wiping Jungkooks runny nose. "And then you can play video games, dance, sing and talk all you want! Like nothing even happened, right?"

Jungkook nodded, calming down completely. Taehyung slowly laid back onto Jungkooks pillow, still cuddling the boy. Jungkook shifted himself onto taes chest, clearing his throat with a wince. Taehyung kept a firm, but comforting hand the boys back, giving him a safe sense of security.
__________

Thank you for reading, don't forget to vote and leave comments and suggestions!

I love you guys💕