Namjoon

________________________________

It was the second day of one of the worst viruses to attack the rap line. It hit Yoongi and Hoseok first, giving them headaches, nausea, a fever and achy muscles. So far, Hobi was the only one who ended up vomiting, which was very unpleasant. The following day, it hit Namjoon. He got all the symptoms that the others had. His stomach turned into an angry gurgling disaster, making it nearly impossible for him to eat. His temperature rose 4 degrees too high and he was blessed with chills that left him under three blankets with a hoodie on.

All three boys could barely take care of themselves. Jin deemed it necessary to take two weeks off from work and ordered everyone else around to help, not that they minded. Jimin helped make soup with Jin, Taehyung took temperatures and brought medicine, and Jungkook, being the least squeamish, did that clean up if any sick missed the bucket. It was a system that worked, and they were going to stick with it.

~

Namjoon lay silently in his bed, staring at his wall, feeling utterly miserable as he heard Yoongi throwing up in the next room. Jungkooks soft attempt at comfort coming through the walls. He sighed to himself, wishing he could be there to help, but he knew if he stood he would either fall down or end up throwing up himself. He was rarely sick and when he was, it wasn't anything more than an cold. Having to stay in bed all day made him want to scream.

Namjoon rolled to onto the left side of his body, being greeted by his laptop screen where he had paused the show he was watching. He tapped the space bar and let the show continue, even though his mind and eyes weren't paying attention. The noise also drowned out Yoongi's cries. Throwing up always made him cry.

A few minutes later Jimin peeked through Namjoons door, holding a purple mug with both hands. He walked over to the olders side and smiled, as he set the drink down on the bedside table.

"Jin-hyung made you some peppermint tea. It should help your stomach." He said sweetly, sitting next to Namjoons laptop. "What are you watching?"

"I don't remember." Namjoon sighed, his eyes falling shut.

"Hm." Jimin hummed, putting his small hand in Namjoons forehead. "Your fever feels worse.
Does your stomach feel better?"

"No, I feel nauseous." He admitted, the rumbling in his stomach making an appearance.

"I'll get Taehyung, he's hoarding the thermometer." Jimin said, getting up and walking out the door to fetch said person.

Namjoon hastily reached for the mug and sat himself up with the speed of a sloth. He took a sip of the tea, his head pounding and eyes watering. He waited a moment to see how the drink felt in his tummy before taking a second sip. The tea seemed to help for a second, but only moments later did it feel like a big mistake. Namjoon put the back of his hand to his mouth, the contents of his stomach trying to fight back. He swallowed, wanting to keep himself from vomiting.