7. Sickie With A Hickie

"Mmmm"

I yawned as I slowly woke up to the smell of honey and lavender. Opening my eyes to be blinded by the light coming in from the windows. Last time I checked, my room doesn't have this much light in the morning since I'm facing the sunset. 

Oh right, I'm not in my room. 

I quickly sit up once I realize this fact and look around, finding myself in Wesley's bed with a fur blanket placed over me and the sun coming in from his balcony. The cough instantly gives away Wesley's position and I turn my head towards the kitchen where he was dipping a tea bag in and out of a mug. The bed creeks as I shift a bit, drawing his attention.

"Aww you're awake," He croaks and stretches my arms. 

"You sound disappointed," I yawn again and drop my arms to my sides.

"You're a lot cuter when you're sleeping," He says like the fucking savage he is and I pout like a sore loser.

"Wow, I can really feel the appreciation. Rude," I crack my back and he chuckles a bit.

"Well you're cute when you're sleeping, but a few different adjectives when you're awake," he says and picks up his tablet while taking a sip of tea.

"Do you remember any of last night?" I ask and his eyes flash with worry.

"Not really. I remember you brought me food, but that's about it. It was a nice surprise to wake up with you in my arms. I thought I was dreaming or high on NyQuil." He says with a soft smile that warms me in ways I couldn't describe.

He watches something on the screen and suddenly burst out in a mixture of coughing and laughing.

"What are you watching?" I ask as I get up and slowly approach him from behind, running my hand over his strong back as I take a peek around his shoulder. 

"You attempting to make a grilled cheese," He says as I watch myself on the security feed, throwing away my 4th attempt.

"Fuck you, I was really trying!" I yell at him and give him a gentle shove, to which he pauses the video and puts the tablet down. In one smooth move, he turns to me and pulls my waist, letting me stumble into his arms while also forcing me to look into his mysterious gaze. With one hand he pulls the communicator out of his ear and turns it off, tossing it behind him before taking a step closer to me.

"Mmm maybe you are cute when you're awake too," He says with a sly smirk and I wanted to kiss those plush pillows for lips so fucking badly but I can't get sick. I don't want to put the baby at risk. 

But these secret moments between us were extremely rare and far between. 

"How long has it been?" He asks as he presses his forehead to mine and I close my eyes.

"Like two months," I sigh into the hospital mask, opening my eyes only halfway to meet his.

"Feels like years," he mutters as he nuzzles his head against mine, still warm with a fever. 

"It always does," I add with a sad resentment towards this situation. We stay quiet for a few moments, just enjoying each other's embrace. 

"You saw Max last night," He points out and I bite my lip, lowering my head in shame while pressing it to his hard chest. 

"Yeah," There was no point to lying. He knew where I was at all times. It's his job.

"Mmm is he better than me?" He asks and I wrap my arms around his neck, tickling the hair at his nape with my fingertips.

"No, he's easy access. That's all," I tell him and he tightens his grip around me, I look up to meet his sweet gaze. There was no anger or jealousy. He knows me.

"I wish I could kiss you," He continues running his hands up and down my back before resting on my ass.

"But if I can't kiss you here..." He kisses the side of my cheek before slowly moving down my neck, making me shiver.

"I guess I'm going to have to find other places," his croaky voice has that added bass to it that I could feel rumble against my chest. 

"No baby, you're sick. You need rest," I sigh into his shoulder as he skips over my sweet spot where my neck meets my shoulder.

"But you're so delightfully tempting," He mutters into my now sensitive shoulder. The pregnancy hormones had me so sensitive and horny all the fucking time. I gasp when his hot lips reach that spot he knows I love and I curl my fingers into his broad shoulders. 

"Wes," I just moan his name while he multitasks, Sucking on my neck as he runs one hot hand over my sensitive nipples while the other reaches for the button of my jeans. A knock breaks our contact and he sighs as he slowly pulls back. We give each other the look that we knew all to well and I hide behind the kitchen counter as he opens the door. 

"Hey, Agent Anderson. Just checking in to see how you were doing," One of our other security guards asks and I was relieved to know it wasn't another band member. 

"I should be better by tomorrow Jackson," he says and closes the door on the guard before coming back to me. 

"You know what that means," He says with so much sadness that I couldn't take it. I could feel the tears building up and he saw them. His gaze softening. 

"I fucking hate this," I growl as I get up in frustration and leave before he says anything or calls me out for being a little bitch who can't handle our secret love. 

Not that he'd actually call me a little bitch, I just imagine him thinking so.