48. Wesley's Pandoras Box

On our last morning in the hospital, I woke up snuggled in a warm fuzzy blanket that Appa brought for me. I slowly opened my eyes, no longer heavily medicated by the drugs after getting weaned off and cleared to go home. 

But it took a few blinks to make sure the sight in front of me wasn't some hallucination. 

"Shh, you're going to wake your mummy if you keep making all those noises," Wesley whispered to our little girl as he gently rocked her back and forth while sitting on the edge of my hospital bed.

With my parents, Thomas, and the band coming through and stealing little Jayde, he hadn't spent much time with her and I was starting to get concerned.

Until now. 

"God, you're so beautiful Jaydean that I really question whether or not I really deserve to be your dad," he sighed as he gently caressed his daughter's tiny face.

"I'm sorry for not being while you were growing your little fingers and toes, but I promise I'll be there for you for the rest of my life and no one is going to take you away from me okay?" he whispered, kissing her head of red hair.

"I never had a father or mother growing up and I never had much of a father figure either so I guess you could say I was my own dad. Maybe that's why I'm kind of messed up," he told her and I dared not to breathe nevermind move.

"But I'm going to be the best Papa I can be for you Jaydean, okay? And sometimes I might struggle or you might hate me, but I'm going to try my best because I love you and you were made out of love, okay? No one ever loved me but I will always love you," He said with his head nuzzled to hers.

"I love you so much little one and you're going to be raised to be a strong, beautiful, independent young woman and I am so lucky to have the opportunity to watch you grow. You're the only girl who will ever hold the key to my heart," He chuckled, looking into his daughter's eyes which may turn out to be the same pale blue hue as his own. 

"She's lucky to have you too," I added and he jolted a little in shock as he turned to me. I sat up and got closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder as I looked at our creation. 

"You think so?" He asked nervously and I rolled my eyes while gently rubbing his back.

"I know so," I assured him and his lips finally curled into a genuine smile. I gently kissed his freckled cheek. Not so much out of love, but out of genuine appreciation.

"Thank you for staying," I softly whispered to him so not to wake Thomas or the half asleep baby.

"Thank you for making my dreams come true. I've always wanted to be a father. Not exactly like this, but I'm a father none the less," He said and I raised my brow.

"If not like this, then how?" I asked and his smile quickly faded, making me regret ever asking in the first place. 

"I guess I'm kind of traditional in some sense. If I was going to have kids I wanted it to be with someone I loved which is true...I do love you, but I wanted it to be with someone who loved me too," He said and I slowly pulled my hand away from him, tilting my head towards Thomas, who laid fast asleep with his prosthetic legs beside him.

Thomas might have forgiven Wesley, but could I do the same? 

I'd rather push the subject aside for another day than face it head on right now. 

"So who's the head of security, now that you're clearly no longer in charge?" I asked and he cleared his throat, getting my shifting drift. 

 "I don't know, I haven't been back to your HQ since I was trying to find you," Wesley says and a loud banging on the door stirs the baby from her almost slumber as well as Thomas.

I steal the crying baby from Wesley who defensively gets up and faces the door, although at his weight right now, I'd trust Thomas more but I keep my thoughts to myself and decide to let him try to be all manly.

Thomas puts on his legs and stands up, crossing his arms as he did so.

"Who is it?" I asked Wes as he peeked out of the small peephole.

"I'm not sure," He replied and slowly opened the door. A tall, toned man in a suit and tie walked into the room with dark auburn hair and piercing light blue eyes that gave me a sudden chill. 

But the fear didn't last long when Wesley suddenly surrendered the poor man into a choke hold.

"Why are you here?" Wesley interrogated and the man narrowed his eyes.

"I'm the new head of security," The man replied with an unnaturally calm demeanor considering the position he was in and a heavy British accent that seemed really close to Wesley's. 

"No Wyatt, why are you really here?" Wesley asked again and the man laughed.

"My brother, we're on the same side, I have defected just like you," Wyatt replied and tilted his head to the side. Showing a long scar running up his neck.

"I don't want you anywhere near my daughter," Wesley grunts, letting his throat go, but wyatt only dusts himself off and fixes his tie.

"It looks like you don't have a bloody choice mate," he said and turned to me.

"Good evening Matthias, my name is Wyatt Anderson, and I believe you're holding my niece," He said but this time I wasn't even surprised. 

At this point, Wesley Anderson could tell me he was the mother fucking prince of Persia and I'd still believe him with the number of secrets he's been hiding. 

This whole time I thought Jaydean was the only secret between us. 

Boy was I wrong.

***********************************

Prepping you guys for Wesley's story, DAMAGED.......

Honestly, My heart tickled a lot with emotion when I wrote this chapter.