30. Hard Pill To Swallow

Wesley Anderson POV

"What Intel have you come to gather about the Grayson family, Agent 582?" 

Queen Isadora sat before me on the as I stayed in a bowed position on one knee, waiting for the slight nod of her head and bob of her golden curls giving me the signal to stand once more. 

"As it stands, it seems as though the Grayson family living on the West Coast have very little connections to their royal cousins on the island. The only person who would have more information on King Finley would be Pierce Grayson himself, but that information is hardly anything I would be able to obtain," I quickly explained the circumstances and the queen stood. 

I allowed her to walk past me so she could take the lead as we walked down the carpeted hallway that led to the front entrance of the secret location where we would meet.

"Ah Agent 582, it seems you think you know everything yet you know nothing at all," She sighs and we continue walking. I was frightened by her statement and holding my breath. Praying she wouldn't mention my lover's name from her despicable burgundy lips. 

"The fact of the matter is, Prince Matthias is pregnant. Do you have anything this? If so I congratulate you, for now, we have a Grayson heir to which we can do and use as we please," 

Her cold words send shivers down my spine and as much as my logic was telling me not to believe the words she was saying, I knew it was true. If it wasn't, she would be too embarrassed to say them. 

And the Queen of England is never wrong.

I carefully control my inner feelings. 

"No, I have nothing to do with the situation," 

I explained and my brain ran through the facts that just unfolded before me.

Matthias is pregnant, there is a baby, and if was mine the queen would use the poor babe to her advantage. 

There is a baby.

Is...it...mine? 

no.

He would have told me if it was. 

I keep the question buried in my mind and the queen lets me through.

"Pity, I'm afraid we have no use for you then," 

I gulped when she said the words and when I walked through those gates I knew freedom was no longer an option for me. 

I have to get away from here.

I must find Matthias before it's too late.