37. Love Someone

^

^

Thomas POV

"Kitten?"

The credits rolled on the large flat screen TV in the living room and I looked down to find my beautiful boyfriend curled up with a large white furry blanket and his head rested on my lap.

I muted the TV and used the glow to watch him as he took small breaths in and out. His arms wrapped around me as if he was scared I would run away and his little snores were the cutest thing I had heard out of him all day.

I ran my thick fingers through his rich, silky, light brown hair. Scratching his scalp a little bit and getting a small moan in response. I run my fingers down from his hair to his shoulder. Tracing a line down to his stomach where little Jaydean was no longer kicking.

Thankfully she's taking a nap and letting her daddy sleep cause he needed it after the emotionally draining day we had.

Would she call him daddy or me? Or both of us? Or all three?

I guess we'll have to talk about it later.

Matty looked so peaceful in his sleep that I didn't want to move let alone breathe. His long eyelashes curl upwards and his perfect pink lips form a small 'o' as he nuzzles his head a bit and gets cozy.

But I have to move him because if he sleeps downstairs it will ruin tomorrows surprise. I had went through and googled everything we needed for little Jayde. Making a list and sending it to our families and the band for a surprise baby shower I had planned for tomorrow.

I gently swoop him up in both of my arms, careful to secure him before jostling him and standing.

Matty's eyes open halfway as he looks up. After he realizes it's me he closes them again. Pressing his head to my chest as I pick him up.

He wasn't that much smaller than me and he was little heavy but my upper body strength had me covered. Carrying him up the stairs and to the bedroom, the feeling was something I couldn't explain.

I was holding my boyfriend, my lover, and my future husband in my arms. One day soon, I would carry our daughter up these same stairs after she fell asleep and maybe our son too.

As I walked down the hall to our room, I couldn't help but think of how far we've come.

If you told me two years ago that I would have Matthias Grayson in my arms, I would have laughed in your face and questioned your sanity.
.
.
.
.

"HEY JACKSON I'M OPEN!"

Elias* yelled from the other side of the soccer field and I faked out a guy beside me before making a successful pass. Eli takes the ball and in kicked it into the goal ending the game with a loud screech as the tie is ended.

After a sweaty group huddle and the coaches final words, we were walking off the field. Our team captain, Elias Grayson, stood beside me and patted me on the back.

"Good game today Jackson, I-" Eli started complimenting me but I was suddenly smacked in the back of the head and tripped forward.

"Oh, ouch, so sorry about that. I meant to hit my baby brother not the wild dweeb,"

I turned, rubbing the back of my head as I did so to find the soccer ball that hit me had rolled back to the foot of the attractive boy standing with his arms crossed in a football uniform.

And there he was.

Co-captain of the football team, Matthias Grayson, with his helmet tucked under his arm and the black lines still set under his beautiful hazel gray eyes.

I fixed my thick glasses which came loose when he hit me and Eli crossed his arms.

"You're two minuets older than me you dumb bitch and don't call my teammate a dweeb," he defended me and Matthias only laughed.

"Everyone on the soccer team is a dweeb to me. It's soccer," he said and walked past me, making sure he bumped my shoulder on the way out and my heart skipped a few beats.

"Who was that?" I asked Eli. Pretending I didn't know when everyone in the school knows the Grayson twins.

I just hadn't noticed him until that night.

"Oh that's my twin brother Matty. Don't mind him. He's just another idiot," he waved him off but I was intrigued and confused as to why my heart wouldn't stop pounding against my chest.
.
.
.
I laid Matty down in the plush bed and he snuggled his head against the pillow. His hair forming a perfect halo around his head I hovered over him for a second before sitting down beside him. Caressing his soft cheek with the palm of my hand and the tips of my fingers. He groaned a little bit and his eyes fluttered open.

Smacking his lips, he gives me a small smile and forms a smile when he reaches up both his hands to my face, cupping my cheeks with with warmth.

"Thomas," he sighed my name and brought me closer to him.

"Yeah?" I gently pecked his smooth lips and he held me there for a moment. With slow motions of his lips taking in mine feeling as though it would be the last time our lips touched.

"Don't leave me," he whispered and I held my breath. Staring into his sweet hazel eyes which now held a vulnerable pinch of fear.

Something was different about him.

He was unguarded and vulnerable which made me question if I really knew this Matthias.

Or was the man I fell in love with just a shield he used to hide behind? 

"I will never leave you," I vowed kissing the tip of his nose before snuggling up behind him and holding him as close as possible before drifting off the sleep.

*Elias is Kailani's now dead name from before she transitioned