25. Mr. & Mr. Grayson

"You're so fucking quiet that it's starting to scare me," 

Thomas comments as we neared the mansion where my parent's resided. 

"I'm just tired from last night," I used Coachella as an excuse while I took a long sip of my citrus medicine ball to soothe my throat. I could tell he was still suspicious as he shifted his gaze over to me. He takes one hand off the steering wheel of my old Mustang and placed it on my thigh where I laid my hand over his.

"Everything is going to be okay, kitten. We're all here for you," He tries to reassure me but nothing was calming the massive storm of nervous fluttering in my stomach. Nugget wasn't helping things either.

I was excited to see my Appa; which means dad in Korean because he's from South Korea and because of this my sister and I speak Korean as a second language. He's a sweet man who couldn't hurt a fly if he tried and he was the one who I got most of my dashingly good looks from with our matching light brown hair and the lightest brown eyes which only projected kindness. 

I had wanted to see him since I found out about my baby girl. It was hard enough carrying one baby as a man and I wanted to know how he was able to carry two when he's so tiny and frail. 

Telling him would be a relief because I would finally have someone to talk to who understood what was happening and could give me the advice I needed. 

I wasn't scared of Mika Grayson. 

It was my father, I was terrified of and rightfully so. 

Pierce Peter Grayson was no joke.

As the co-CEO of a global tech corporation which was shared between my father and his brother Jonathan Grayson. Pierce also had a twin who sat on the board of directors, but what happened to my uncle Peter is another story altogether. 

The complete opposite of my Appa, Dad is a cocky, sarcastic, pain in the ass who doesn't take no for an answer. He was so different from my sweet Appa that it was hard to imagine how they got together in the first place.  

Crazy as it seemed, the unlikely couple completed each other in ways I could never understand. But I guess I'm going to find out why today. The reason why we were going over was for the last assignment Kai and I had for the year, which was the study of how people fall in love. 

I joked around with my father a lot, but that was only to mask my greatest fear.

Disappointing him. 

And that fear was going to come true once I was forced to tell them the truth. 

"Yeah, it's easy for you to say," I sigh as I watch the mansion come into view.

"It sucks now but in the end, it will be better for both of you," he adds and parks in front of my childhood home behind Kai and Milo. 

"I'll be right by your side if you want me to be," He offers, kissing my cheek before getting out of the car. I take a moment to myself to try to think straight before Kai knocks on the window and points for me to get out.

"You can't hide forever Matty," she huffs, forcing me to get out against my will. 

"MY BABIES ARE HOME!" 

Appa shouts when the four of us step inside the house and the smell of my favorite Korean dished floods my nasal cavities and my stomach grumbled. Appa stuck his head out of the archway to the kitchen with a wide smile that warmed my heart.

"Appa!" My sister squealed and ran into Appa's open arms. I was attacked afterward as Appa wrapped his scrawny arms around me and pulled me close. Usually, I objected, but since I really missed him, I didn't put up a fight and he kisses my cheek.

"Aish Matthias, did you finally put on some weight? You look good," he asks as he pulls away from me while still gripping my shoulders, holding me hostage in his loving clutches. 

"Yeah, I've been trying to bulk up a bit with the album and all," I wave it off and he pulls me in for a second hug.

"Oh, I miss having you two home," He sighs with his head only reaching my shoulder I kissed his cheek and tightened my arms around him.

"I missed you too," I sighed and he pulled away from me with little tears in his sweet brown eyes.

"What did you do now? You haven't even been home for ten seconds!" Dad calls out and I look over Appa to find Dad at the stove pointing a spatula at me with a bright yellow apron on as the buchimagae fried behind him. Small Korean pancakes made with green onions and potatoes were sitting on the counter and I went to go steal one with my stomach grumbling like it was going to eat itself.

"You know usually when a spouse cries, it's their husband's fault, what have you done to Appa?" I asked and he chuckled, reaching over and giving me a side hug while ruffling my hair. 

"Ah, I really missed your smartass," he says and pats me on the shoulder before shoving me away again. 

"Hey Milo and Thomas, glad you boys could make it tonight. Here, why don't you guys go set the table? Dinner is almost ready and then we'll film your video for school," Appa suggests. Handing a set of plates to Milo while Thomas grabbed some of the delicious dishes. 

"You guys have so many fans, your father and I were shocked by all the people cheering your names in the crowd. I've never felt more proud of you guys,"  Appa sighed as we all worked together to set the table before sitting down to eat.

"It seems like your new album is getting great reviews too, I think one of my coworkers said something about it being the number one album in like six countries or something," Dad chimed in after sitting at the head of the table. 

"I hope so, we worked so hard on it. I was terrified of it turning into a flop. You never know when you take a jump like this," Milo confesses while stuffing his face with pork. 

"Well I thought that really showed and I enjoyed the concert you put out, even if it might have blown out my eardrums," Appa giggled and handed me the rice.

"Yeah, so what's it like without us running around the house?" I asked and Dad gave a look of relief.

"It's a lot quieter, I haven't had this much peace since...I brought your older brother home from Korea," Dad had to think for a moment and the thought of my dead older brother Taehyung brings a string of happy memories along with the sad fact that he's no longer here.

I could barely handle the thought of losing my baby girl while she was in the womb nevermind dying at twenty years old with her husband. Tae passed away less than five years ago leaving behind his newborn daughter who was now living with my older sister Clara in Paris. 

"Ah, I remember that. Oh, remember that time when he was four and he went through that animal phase?" Appa asked pointing his chopsticks at dad who rolled his eyes.

"The one where he was obsessed with kangaroos and prayed to the gods for a year that one of us would suddenly sprout a pouch he could hop into? How could I forget? He would lift up my shirt and check every other day!" Dad whined and Appa snorted as he laughed. I picked up my glass and took a sip of water, wondering about the crazy things my little one will do. 

"Kids do the craziest things sometimes and only get away with it because their so cute. I can't wait to hear all the silly stories you guys will share with me when you have babies," Appa says before taking a bite of his food and I choked on my water.

"You okay Matty?" Thomas asked as he gently patted me on the back and I coughed into my elbow while nodding. My sister giving me a look to do it now but I wasn't ready.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I coughed out before nervously clearing my throat. Feeling all of my band member's eyes on me for one reason while my parents waved it off for another.