9. A First For Nugget

^Thomas^

"What the fuck do you...woah..." 

I was tying the waistband of my Pajama pants when I saw Thomas perked up on the white leather sofa in my room with a wide smile and a small stack of boxes next to him.

"Okay, I know it's stupid, but you looked like you were feeling a little down at practice so I thought maybe this would cheer you up," He says and pats the spot on the couch next to him. 

"Thomas, what did you get?" I asked as I nervously sat down beside him and he took off the top box which was already opened, pulling out a really old-fashioned camera from like the early 00's or something. 

"Dude, what is this?" I asked as I toyed with the heavy camera.

"It's an antique video camera that records videos on little VCR tapes. It's so old that it has no wifi capability and I got you a box full of empty tapes. This way you can take all the videos you want for her without worrying about the camera getting hacked or the footage being leaked to the world. And if you really want to pull a Kylie Jenner, we can turn the tapes into usable footage for a video or something," Thomas explains, getting all geeky and technical as he showed me how to work it. 

There was something about the spark in his dark brown eyes that I enjoyed seeing. Thomas was the serious one in the group and seeing him smile was a rare occurrence I found exceptionally beautiful.

"Thank you, Thomas, this is really sweet," I tell him, honestly touched by the thoughtful gift and thankful for a new way to record videos for my little girl. 

"That's not the only thing I got, there's this stuff too," He sets the camera down on the coffee table and hands me three boxes.

"Okay, I know it might be a little early but I was at Saks today, buying some new clothes and I couldn't help myself. Besides, it's not like you can do it since you can't draw suspicion. I can and just say it's for my friend or something," He says as I open the first box to find a little nine-piece set with a small stuffed baby lamb on top. 

"Oh Thomas..." I sighed his name as I opened it and laid took out the little white lamb, which was my favorite part of the whole set. 

"Wait! Keep going! Don't get all caught up yet," He warns and I put the first box to the side, already seeing the bright Gucci label on the second box.

"What is this? A baby shower?" I chuckle as I open the box and take out the tissue paper.

"If it was, that would be one shitty baby shower," He says and I look at the Gucci baby outfit he bought my baby girl.

"It's so tiny," I try my hardest not to squeal and maintain my composure as I look at the adorable little jacket and an adorable collared shirt with miniature baby sized jeans.

"I know it's a little boyish for her first Gucci, but I figure if she has you for a dad she's probably going to be a big tomboy at heart," He says and my heart softens. But underneath the wrapping paper was a blue tule dress laid in hiding.

"And if she wants to be a girly girl like Kai, that's okay too," He shrugs and my eyes widen at the dress. I knew this dress because I had seen it in stores before. We make enough where we don't worry about money anymore but this dress was the size of my forearm yet it cost a little over $1,800.

"They're so beautiful," I compliment as I gently put them on the table in front of me so I could continue admiring them before moving on to the last box. It was the softest cashmere baby blanket I had ever held in my hands. I curled the blanket around my hands and felt its ultra softness.