33: One Night In Sicily

"STOP IT MATTHIAS! GET THIS CRAZY IDEA OUT OF YOUR HEAD!" 

On the coast of the largest Island in the Mediterranean sea, Agent Anderson lept about ten feet away from me. Breaking my heart the moment he shied away from me right as we were about to kiss for the very first time. 

Any sexual tension I thought was there easily dissipated as he stood back and touched his fingers to his lips as if I infected him, his breath quickened from screaming at me. 

He can't even look at me.

Terrified, I stood there quietly shaking, my heart so broken it felt as though it would crumble to pieces and fall out of my chest.

Agent Anderson cursed under his breath and squeezed his glowing blue eyes shut while rubbing the bridge of his nose from the stress I had caused him.

"Matthias, I am your bodyguard. Nothing more. Nothing less. The sooner you get that through your thick skull the better," He grunts before turning on his heel, relaxing his face but refusing to look at me as he turned on his heel and walked in the opposite direction down the cobblestone street.

And then I was alone.

A soft lukewarm breeze whispered through the streets and struck my sensitive skin, shivering at the lack of body heat without Anderson beside me. But he would never truly be beside me, so I guess I better get used to this feeling. 

Shit, this really hurts. 

I shoved my hands into the pockets of my tight black shorts and kicked a small rock with the tip of my sneaker before walking back to the hotel where we were spending our final night in Italy. I flipped up the hood of my light pink crop topped sweatshirt and sighed, stepping into the building and taking the elevator to the top floor. 

The metal doors slid open after I swiped my key card and I entered the suite's small kitchen where Thomas was sitting on the counter, waiting for a bag of popcorn to pop in the microwave. 

"Oh hey Matty, you're back from your walk already? My friend sent me the new Star Wars movie and I was just about to watch it, do you want to join me?" He offered with a sweet smile of nothing but pure happiness. 

It sickened me.

I wiped my nose with the tip of my sleeve and rolled my eyes. 

"Fuck off Thomas! No one wants to hang out with some nerd like you! The only time I ever want to spend with you is in the studio. That's it, got it? Fuck man!" I sneered and his smile disappeared. He gulped as he got off the counter and opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it.

 His eyes said it all.

.

.

.