29. Running Out Of Time

*Dedicated to Lisa for giving me the name of our fearless little girl* 

"Goodnight Chicago!" 

I screamed out, letting my voice carry as I bathed in the light blue LED lights projected off their wristbands like tiny stars at the sold-out stadium. My name called out by the thousands that flooded the space and NTB exits the stage, letting the platform below us lower us into a sinking black hole until the crowd was out of view.

***

"Mackenzie?" 

Thomas suggests as we brushed our teeth in the bathroom of our hotel suite. Our bodies constantly brushing against each other as we did so.

"Way too basic," I spit into the sink and put my toothbrush away, letting out a loud sigh of relief when I finally released the waist trainer holding in my pregnant belly and smoothing it out to make it look less round under t-shirts. 

"Whad to you mant ten?" He mumbles through the foam of the toothpaste and I scratch the itchy indents on my skin. 

"I want something uniques but not like 30 letters long or any of that unnecessary shit," I say and he gives me a look.

"You're mot marrowing dis down," He grunts and spits into the sink. 

"I dunno, I'm kind of hoping I'll just know, you know?" I shrug and take a long-awaited piss while he starts to shave. 

"No babe, I'm not six months pregnant so I wouldn't know," He says as he takes off the cute little-stubbled mustache he had growing. 

"Damn, I'm so fat we're like four inches away from not being able to see my dick anymore. That's a problem," I comment as I flush and he stops. Rubbing the bridge of his nose while trying to hold in his laughter.

"Your bump isn't even that big. If I didn't know, I'd just think you've been drinking a little too much," He says and I was so confused.

"Wow, is being confused for an alcoholic suppose to make me feel better?" I gasped as I leaned against the bathroom counter.

"Better than the world thinking you're pregnant? Yes," He smiles before giving a serious glare to himself in the mirror as he continues shaving. 

"I kind of liked the stuble," I mention and he furrows his thick brows together. 

"You never told me that," He huffs, washing his face while I hand him a towel.

"I didn't think I had to," I say and he pats himself dry before picking me up by my thighs and plopping me down on the counter to kiss me. He smelled like shaving cream mixed with the freshness of his breath and I fell for it, like I always do.

I wanted him to be more aggressive but it was soft because we still have a flight to catch in two hours and we were both exhausted from our last show. 

That said, I still enjoyed the feel of his soft lips sucking on mine and the new smoothness of the skin above his lip and on his chin, no longer scratching me when he craned his next to kiss me. The way he cradled my body against his was so warm that I could almost feel the love he has for me and the love I have for him transferring to each other like a small circle. 

I pulled away first, leaving him slightly whimpering as I raised my hands from his chest to his smooth cheeks. Tracing the curve of his jaw with my index finger and watching my pale skin shine in the light compared to his dark brown. The other day some news came through saying Thomas and I were the hottest interracial couple in the united states and that bothered me.