17. Miss Me With That Sappy Gay Shit

^Thomas^

"No pressure, but if you two break up, everything we built is going to go to shit," 

My twin sister warned as she licked the yogurt off her spoon. I ignored her, per usual as I turned on the lights to our studio on the 3rd floor of our apartment and tossed my bag down on the chair. 

We had decided that song we were creating for our performance at the GLAAD awards was going to be a top-secret project that only the four of us would be working on together. No outsiders were allowed in order to lower the risk of a leak. 

As far as the outside world knew, we were just performing one of our happier title songs from our album for the first time. 

And we wanted to keep it that way, which means Thomas and I are the only ones producing so we were going to be here all night. 

"You know, I could always say the same thing about you and Milo," I grunt and Kai gives me a hard glare as she sipped her lemon tea to coat her throat before prepping her voice. 

"It's not the same and you know it, whore," She teases. Clearing her throat and starting her vocal warmups while I booted up all the hardware.

"Hey, you guys are here already?" Milo came next and just as I had guessed, Thomas was nowhere to be found. 

"Where's your new boo?" Milo winked one of his hazel eyes as he plopped down in the seat beside me. 

"How should I know? I don't have a tracking signal on him," I shrugged, cracking my fingers while the piano synced up to my laptop.

"That's surprising," Milo muttered and I narrowed my eyes at him, feeling him judging me from the vibes reflecting off him. 

"Here I was thinking you had a thing for Agent Anderson and instead you two were fucking around right under our noses. I must admit, you're gifted when it comes to keeping a secret." He added and Kailani finally finished her warm up to agree with him. 

If only they knew.

"Sorry, I'm late," Thomas apologizes as he walks into the room and closes the door behind him. Locking it so no one would be able to get in or hear into the soundproof room. 

"Hmm, we were just talking about you. Did you guys get into a fight already?" Milo asked, but it was clear this time that he was avoiding the deeply personal song we were about to produce.

I opened my mouth to answer but Thomas kisses me before I could say anything.

"No,"  Thomas lied to them while looking me in the eyes and I gulped at the amount of hurt he held in his eyes. I had come to a solid conclusion as to why he was feeling this way but I couldn't share it until these two idiots had left and it was just the two of us alone. 

"So shall we get the ball rolling, Kailani, I need you at the mic first, Thomas I need you to take drums but wait until you feel like it's time, and Milo I need you to add more flow to the rap lines. Thomas and I made the decision that we aren't going to be the ones rapping in this song, it's all on you," I said as I quickly took charge and waited for everyone to get into position before playing the piano beat I had stuck in my head for this song specifically.