49. Babyless

"We're going to eliminate the baby, I don't want her involved in case everything goes to shit,"

Wyatt announces as I buckled Jaydean in her little car seat making her look even tinier than she was before.

"What do you mean? My baby's not going anywhere without me," I instantly get defensive and Kai turns to me. 

"Matty, our parents are waiting on the other side of the hospital. I'll bring her with the guards to Dad and Appa then we'll take her to the farmhouse without risking bumping into the press. Nothing's going to happen to her," She tried to reassure me, placing her hand on Jayde's car seat handle but I quickly swatted her away. 

"No, I want to go with Jaydean, it's an hour-long trip," I told them but it was starting to look like I didn't have a choice.

 I looked down at my sleepy little baby girl and make sure she's tucked in with the blanket that Thomas bought for her on the night we first became a couple. Jayde opens her mouth in a small 'O' shape to yawn and my heart falters. 

"Matty, it's going to be safer if she goes with them," Thomas wraps his arm around my waist and I take a few more seconds to fix her little hospital cap.

"Okay," I let out a long sigh and Kai takes the diaper bag from me, letting Milo take the car seat since he had more muscles and wasn't wearing four-inch heels.

"Be careful," I remind him and he looks me in the eyes with a solemn nod.

"This is my niece Matty, I'll protect her with my life," He says and takes the handle from me. 

As he picks her up, Jaydean starts to stir and opens her eyes again with confusion as she's pulled away from me. Milo and Kai don't stop for a second as they walk out the door with Wyatt's men and Jaydean starts to cry. I damn near pounced over this hospital bed and ran out that door to attack them had it not been for both Thomas and Wesley standing by my side in case they needed to hold me back. 

Feeling my instant depression, Thomas pulled me into his warm protective embrace before we let the hospital with Wyatt. Without my baby, I felt incomplete as I was ushered outside to the flashing lights and mass of repetitive clicks. 

I said nothing, letting the tears stream down my face and rumors of my baby dying floated through the crowd. Feeling guilty for being so aggressive while I just supposedly lost a child or left my baby in the NICU, the press slowly got quiet. Wyatt held the door to the car open for me and closed it once I got in with Thomas. 

"Wait, where's Wes?" I asked, suddenly noticing we were missing another crucial piece to this equation. 

"He's following behind your parent's car. We thought it would be best to separate you and minimize drama," Wyatt explained and started driving. Too tired and depressed to think, I laid my head on Thomas' lap, letting him run his hands through my greasy hair that was in desperate need of a post-hospital shower. 

"Hey, look who's calling," 

Thomas pulled out facetime on his phone and said hello to the person on the screen. I looked up and saw my Appa waving hello.

"How's she doing?" Thomas asked and Appa laughed.

"Ah, she's doing great. She was a little fussy at first but I think that's because she misses a certain someone. We had the blanket I gave you in the diaper bag with your smell and she calmed down a bit. Kai is playing with her now," Appa gave us updates and showed us my sweet Jaydean playing with my sister's fingers.

"Did you sanitize your hands?" I asked my sister and she rolled her eyes.

"Of course I did, Appa forced all of us too as soon as we got in the car," She groaned and I felt some small sort of relief. Wyatt was right, she's safe in their care. 

"Who's driving?" I asked next, hoping it wasn't the speed demon Milo going 100 mph with my daughter in the car.

"Dad is and Milo's sitting shotgun. What? Do you want a whole layout of the car too?" Kailani asked with infinite amounts of sarcasm and Appa gave her a look.

"Hey, leave your brother alone okay. Right now we're holding the light of his life in this very car. You don't understand how hard it is to let your newborn baby go somewhere without you for the first time. I didn't let you two out of my sight until you were five months old," He chastises her for me and Thomas gently kisses my forehead.

"He's having mommy withdrawals, but we'll see each other soon okay?" Thomas said and Appa nodded in agreement, hanging up on him. I try my hardest to relax into his lap for the rest of the drive but it was nearly impossible.

"So you're Wesley's biological brother?" I asked and Wyatt perked up a bit.

"Yeah, but there's not much to say about that. We were separated as soon as our parents died and haven't seen each other since," Wyatt confessed and stayed silent for the duration of the drive.

Once we reached the farm, we were greeted by my parent's car and I let out a sigh of relief. Jumping out as soon as the car stopped rolling so I could meet Jaydean again.

"See? She's perfectly fine," Appa said and I quickly took her out of the carseat restraints so I could hold her again. Not feeling okay until she was finally in my arms. 

"Where's Wes?" 

I asked, quickly giving a look around once I realized he wasn't there.

"We don't know, he kind of veered off when we were almost here. I'm sure he'll be here soon," Milo said but I had a bad feeling in my chest and I didn't like it. I reached into the diaper bag Milo was holding and pulled out my phone. 

Attempting to call him but it quickly went to voicemail.

"Fuck," 

I muttered and looked at Jaydean.

"What's your papa gotten himself into huh?" I asked her and handed her over to Thomas before going to the garage to grab my car.

"Matty what are you doing? You should be resting," Thomas said and I waved him off.

"I have to find Wesley!" I told him but he quickly charged towards me.

"No, stay home and take care of Jayde, I'll go find him," He says, yanking me back and I nearly screamed with pain from the jolt and my hospital wounds.

"Let your family help you and I'll go find him," He repeats and I look up taking the baby back from him.

"Find him," I practically begged and Thomas understood.

"I will,"