11. Just Keep Breathin

"I thought we were over this," 

I groan as I flush the bile down the toilet and try to pick myself up but a wave of nausea sends me falling back to the bathroom floor with a crash as I'm lacking anything to hold onto. 

"Matty? Oh god, are you okay?" Thomas is at my side before finishing his sentence and helps me sit up, where I weakly drift into his chest like a ragdoll.

"Oh no...Matty, you're so hot," He mutters as he helps me stand up again.

"Is that a bad thing?" I giggle and he narrows his eyes at me.

"No, It looks like you're running a fever," He says and leans me against the sink so I can grab my toothbrush and run it over my teeth to get the bad taste out of my mouth. 

"Damn, and here I was thinking you were flirting with me," I try to ease the concern with my humor but he wasn't having it as he felt my forehead. 

"Shit Matty, you're really burning up. It must be why you're so nauseous all of the sudden," He says, holding my shoulder to support me as I spit the minty toothpaste into the sink. 

"Well, I also have a little lemon who likes to stir things up every once in a while," I add, putting down the brush and trying to walk to the doorway but the dizziness gets the best of me and I would have busted my ass again if Thomas hadn't been there. 

"Hmm, She reminds me of someone," he says and swiftly puts one arm under my armpits and bends down to pick up my legs, carrying me back to my cozy bed which looked so inviting right now. He settles me down on the soft mattress and gently pulls the blankets back up to my chin. 

"Here, relax. I'll go see if I can find you some tea and maybe a light breakfast," He offers and I nod, tiredly closing my eyes and hearing him close the door as he left.

I couldn't sleep with the stupid nausea waves coming in and out, so I settled on keeping my eyes closed while lying on my side. I can hear my bedroom door open and close but was surprised by the lack of food smelling up the air. 

Instead, I get a strong whiff of expensive cologne which I knew all too well. 

A light kiss touches my forehead and I open my eyes to find Wesley crouched down next to my side of the bed.

He was wearing his sunglasses so I couldn't see his beautiful blue eyes above his freckled cheeks and donned a suit and tie along with a small suitcase.

"Where are you going?" I croaked as I tried to sit up but he forced me to lay back down.

"I'm leaving Matthias," He announces and my eyes open wide.

"What the fuck are you talking about? What do you mean you're leaving?" I asked, now fully awake.

"I have to go back to England to renew my visa and take care of a few personal problems," He states like I was supposed to magically know this.

"How long are you going for?" I ask and I could tell by the way he turned his head to the side that it wasn't good. 

"I'll only be gone for about six months," He says and I feel like all the air had been kicked out of my body.

"Wesley," I moaned with so much pain in my heart as I felt the uncontrollable tears make their way down my cheeks. He quickly wiped them away with his sleeve.

"Shhh, it's okay baby. I promise I'll stay in contact in one way or another and I'll come back to you okay?" He tries to reassure me and by the sound of his voice, I could tell there was another reason as to why he was hiding his eyes. 

He was crying too. 

"I'm sorry baby, but there's something I have to do...for both of us." He sighs as he leans forward and kisses the tears off my cheeks.

"Mmm, you're so hot. Did I get you sick?" He asks and I slowly nod. Holding the pillow as I took in my last sight of him. 

"Shit," Wes grumbles under his breath and presses his forehead to the mattress. I reach out my hand and give his a weak squeeze. He looks up again and squeezes my hand back.

"When I get back, I want to be with you, Matthias. I want to actually be with you. I don't care about what anyone thinks or what the media has to say because I..." He pauses and I rip off his stupid sunglasses with my hand because he wasn't going to say it without looking me in the eyes.

 I wouldn't let him.

His ocean blue eyes were tinted red as the tears fell down his cheeks and I lost my breath under his beautiful gaze. 

"I love you," He confesses for the very first time without breaking eye contact. There was only a strong look of determination in his eyes as he said it and I accepted his love with all my heart.

"I'll tell you the same if you come back," I hold back and I could tell this burned him deeply but I don't give a shit. Sometimes love is nothing but an empty word but I wanted his to be a promise. 

"That's fair," he says and kisses my forehead one last time before grabbing his suitcase. 

"Goodbye Matthias,"

"Goodbye Wesley," 

My goodbye came out colder than I wanted it to be but he left anyway without another glance in my direction. I go back to snuggling the pillow and trying to hold back the tears.

"Alright, so I found some honey tea and put extra honey in it. Then I grabbed some toast and fruit...hey, are you okay?" Thomas puts the tray down on the edge of the bed and comes over to my side of the bed. He slowly runs his hand through my soft waves of golden brown hair and lets out a long sigh.

"Is it Wesley left? Was he one of us?" He asks and I nodded, biting the corner of my lip in pain and heartache. 

"Oh Matty, I'm sure he's going to be back soon," Thomas tries to comfort me but I didn't need it. I sit up and take the tea that he had set out for me.

"Not for six months," I tell him and Thomas thinks for a moment before reaching the same conclusion I did. 

"Shit, she's going to be here by then," He says and I take a delicious sip of the sweetened tea as it soothes my throat and warms my stomach. He sets up the tray so it's now on my lap and gently pecks my lips.

"Wait, what if you get sick?" I cough but he rolls his eyes. 

"After last night? I think it's a little too late for me babe," He chuckles and sneaks a piece of strawberry from my plate. 

"You're right, You're a goner," I take up my toast, needing something to settle my stomach.

"So one is Wesley Anderson huh? Who's the other one?" He asks as he takes a sip of his coffee. I was nervous to answer his question, knowing how much he hates Maxx's guts. But it's best to get this out in the beginning right?

"Maxx," 

As soon as I say his name, Thomas chokes on his coffee and rest the mug on his lap as he tries to take a few calming deep breathes. 

"You mean to tell me now, that I share you with my mortal enemy?" He asks out loud, more to himself than to me. 

"Yeah, but I'm thinking of cutting him, to be honest. He's getting too close for comfort," I add which gives Thomas some sort of relief.

"Am I too close for comfort? Am I suppose to only be here for sex or something?" Thomas asks next and I cough into my elbow. 

"No, I need you,"