34: This Is My Confession

"Baby, say something please," 

I begged my boyfriend as he sat at the kitchen counter with a glass of water in front of him left untouched. He stared out in the distance, refusing to look at me as he did so. 

I held the edge of the counter to keep me grounded as I watched him. Shut out from his inner thoughts and feelings, my lover sat in silence. I wanted to hug him and hold him but he was hurt, betrayed, and anxious. 

"I love you," 

I said to fill the air with a noise other than that of Houston's panting as he sat at my feet. Thomas gulped and finally tilted his head towards me. 

"I love you too," 

He said and finally looked into my eyes. The sweetness in his dark brown eyes was replaced with a murky pool of sadness which filled my own eyes with tears. 

It was that same look he wore the night I broke his heart and several nights after.

But this time he trusted me and gave me everything he had to offer. But I had broken his heart, his trust, and I wasn't even sure if he loved me anymore.

"Keep going," 

"Are you sure? We don't-"

"Yes," 

.

.

.

"WESLEY STOP! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!" 

I called out as I tried to pull back the monster who was now slamming his fists into a very different monster. I pulled at Wesley's broad shoulders as he pinned down Maxx only to be thrown back, yelping when I hit the cobblestone.

Hearing me scream, it's like someone flipped a switch and he finally dropped Maxx, turning to check and see if I was okay. But before he could even try to help me up, I stood up on my own and walked away. 

Now, not only was I depressed, but I could add embarrassed and pissed off to that list too. 

Might as well check off all the emotions except happiness. 

I stomped away with the rubber of my white converse smacking against the rocky sidewalk, angry that for some stupid fucking reason I could still feel his presence and knew he was standing right beside me. 

"I could have taken care of it," I huffed with my arms crossed. Feeling a small drop of water touch my hand as I walked in the direction of the hotel. 

"Clearly," He replied with that stupid British accent as he walked beside me like it was a peaceful few steps while I was at the pace of a brisk jog.

"You shouldn't just step in like that! It's fucking annoying!" I spit out in a fiery breath but he continued to stay calm.

"I don't care," He replied and I tilted my head to look at him. Shaking my head, I tried to walk in a different direction to trick him but there was no shaking him. 

"Fuck off," I muttered in his direction and he just laughed.

"Never," He said and I wanted to punch him dead center in the middle of his stupidly perfect face.

"Stop following me then!" I shouted at him but he didn't miss a step.

"I can't," He said and I stopped, catching my breath as we walked up a large slope. I had no idea where we were at this point since I had been blinded by my anger.

"Why?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"It's my job, Matthias," he says without the slightest hint of emotion. In the open moonlight, I stared into those light blue pools of mystery and groaned. Smacking my own forehead and letting my hand slide down to my chin.

"I don't give a damn about your job. If you don't stop following me I'll make sure you won't have one!" I try to intimidate him but he only reflects a serious frown.

"Don't threaten me," He says but I only narrowed my eyes. 

"Don't tempt me," I said back, poking his hard chest in a show of superiority we both knew was nearly nonexistent.

I could feel a few more drops hit my arm and turned away from him, continuing to walk down the winding sidewalk, hoping to reach somewhere safe before the rain started to pour or some shit. 

This time, I walked a little slower and he matched my pace. Allowing a few moments of silence between us before finally speaking.

"I'm sorry for actually caring about you," He said and I stopped again. Oh so now he suddenly cares? 

"I didn't ask you to! I don't care if I get beat up! I don't care if I die for god's sake! It sure beats another day living in this..." I let out all my anger and frustration but quickly hold it back before I spoke my fate. 

"Just leave me alone Wesley...please," I sighed, continuing to walk as the droplets of rain started to turn to a steady drizzle, soaking my thin light pink sweatshirt, making it practically impossible to maintain any body heat with so much skin exposed. 

"No,"  he simply refused and I was thankful for the drizzle which now became a downpour, hiding my pent up tears of frustration.

"Why?!" I yelled at him again and he stopped as we reached a set of stairs. 

"Because you're being stupid!" He yelled back at me, breaking the calm level tone in his voice so I would be able to hear him over the sound of the pouring rain on the exposed stone.

"Shut up an leave me alone!" I yelled back and he closed the distance between us. 

"I can't leave you alone," He says and I tried to push him away but his muscular body wasn't going anywhere.

"Fucking hell, why! Do you enjoy watching me suffer?" I asked and his glowing blue eyes stared directly into mine. The rain slicking his dark brown hair to his forehead and his grim expression flickered for a second.

"No," He replies and I bite my bottom lip to keep from screaming in a fit of rage. He takes another step forward and finished his sentence that I didn't know he left incomplete. 

"Because I love you,"

He said right as he kissed my lips for the very first time and I swear to fucking god I must have died for a good few seconds because my heart fell five feet out of my ass and hit the floor. 

All the anger I felt, died the moment we made contact and the rain was practically nonexistent with the way his lips brought warmth to my entire body as he...

.

.

.

"So you're telling me Wesley Anderson is Jaydean's father," 

Thomas leaned against the counter rubbing small circles in his temples with his eyes squeezed shut like he had a severe migraine. 

"Yes," I confirm and he lets out one long drawn out sigh.

"This changes everything," 

**********

Alright guys so 

fun news is, you now know who the father is.

Sad news is, my laptop charger died or some shit cause my laptop isn't charging which means I have to go out and buy a new one...

Yay.

I'm going to try to write new chapters from my phone but my I hate doing that because everything comes out grammatically wrong and misspelled. 

So unless you don't want to hear about Matty for a week or two; Don't judge me. 

So any emotions towards the truth or are we all like eh, whatever? 

Do you think Thomas and Matty are going to last?

Why is Thomas so upset? 

Fun Fact: This was the first chapter I wrote for this book.