31. Letting Go

"What the hell is that?" 

I asked Thomas as he rolled down the window of an old beat up Ford truck in the shade of a basic shade of silver. 

"What? You don't like it?" He asked and I gave him a look.

"Come on and just get in, I have a surprise for you," He coaxes me but I shake my head.

"I'm not getting into that death trap. Those things are known to flip over and shit," I use as an excuse not to get into the dirty truck. But I swing the door open and get in any way.

"We're going on a road trip," He announces and I almost jump out and roll into the street.

"Oh? You tell me this now? Like that makes the death trap any better," I groan as I sit back in my seat and buckle up. 

"I thought we could use it to stay incognito. I don't want any press to know where we're going," he says as he turns to avoid Hollywood Boulevard. 

"You could have rented a Prius babe," I mention but he rolls his eyes.

"This is a lot better than a Prius and it will be better for the terrain," He mentions and I sit up.

"Terrain? Are we going off-roading and shit?" I asked and he shrugs, sitting at the head of the large steering wheel. 

"Kind of, once we get out about an hour or so," he says in nonspecific answers that make me want to choke the specifics out of him. 

"What do you mean about an hour or so?! Where are you taking me?" I ask again but he just snaps his gum and continues driving without answering me.

"We only have three days off Thomas, I just wanted to rest my feet for a bit," I complain to the brick wall I had sitting next to me.

 The baby having a kick fest like I had given her permission to throw a party was driving me crazy, but before I knew it, the warmth from the sun glowing on my face through the windshield had me knocked out. 

I awoke to a loud slam of a car door but went into a panic because I couldn't see anything. It was as if the word had turned completely pitch black and I know I didn't just sleep the entire day away. Although, I wouldn't be surprised.

I go to reach up to my eyes when a pair of hands stop me. 

"Don't freak out, but you're wearing a blindfold," Thomas warns me and I could feel him reaching over me and unclicking the seatbelt.

"Thomas, are you about to walk me into your kinky sex dungeon? Cause if so, I wanna know where you've been hiding it and to let you know I'm totally game after Jayde is born," I confess and he rests his head on my shoulder while he laughs out loud.

"Why are you like this?" He asks after kissing my cheek and helps my blind ass out of the car.

"I dunno, you tell me. You're the one who fell in love with me," I put my hands up once I reach a squishy ground and he puts his hands on my shoulders, gently guiding me forward.

"Okay, you're going to take a few steps forward, right, left...right...straight...jump," 

I jump and land on something less squishy and more solid type of ground and he wraps his arms around my waist. 

"Can I take it off now?" I asked, grumpy because I did not wake up from what could have been a beautiful nap only to discover I've been kidnapped.

"No, you have to let me make a speech first," he says and I groan.

"Is it really that big? Does it really need a speech? I swear to God, if I open my eyes and it's just a fish tank or some stupid shit I'll-"

"You know what Matty..." He rips off my blindfold and I'm instantly blinded by the amount of light hitting my sensitive eyes. After a few blinks, my burnt cornea's finally adjust to the light. But I still had to blink a few more times out of pure disbelief.