33: One Night In Sicily

Pt 2

"Oh look! It's my favorite faggot! Did you get married yet?" 

Ivy laughed as she brushed her hair back and I froze in place. Shocked by her presence and fearing this was real and not another nightmare. 

I wasted five years of my life with Ivy Walker. 

She was a beautiful girl I fell for when I was in 7th grade and loved her until our five year anniversary. A few days prior, I told her I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and she laughed in my face and told me she would rather kill herself then spend another year with me nevermind the rest of her life. 

But of course, I forgave her. Her words stung but I thought I had no other options. Ivy was smart, cunning, and beautiful. When she was by my side, the world watched in awe and we were seen as a power couple to the public since she was a member of a famous all-girl pop group we had to go against. 

Behind closed doors, however, was a completely different story. She beat me emotionally, verbally, and physically. The cuts and bruises she marked my skin with were a hell of a lot easier to hide than the shit she cut me with on the inside. 

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" I could hear Maxx chime in from behind me as he wrapped a protective arm around my shoulders. 

"Sorry and you are?" Ivy laughed in his face and he made a move to step forward but I held him back.

"She's not worth our reputations," I quickly interjected and Ivy gave a look of confusion, raising her hand to slap me but thankfully her girl group had found her and surrounded her.

"Oh hey, Matty! We saw your band the other night and thought you guys were so awesome! We all look up to you so much!" One girl giggled as she jumped forward, clearly drunk to some degree. 

I rolled my eyes, pretending to be strong when I was seconds away from collapsing. Sensing the tension between Ivy and I, the girls quickly ushered their fellow band member away from me and I finally let out a small sigh of relief. Nearing the edge of the crowd, Maxx gave my hand a tight squeeze.

"Why is she here?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Fuck if I know," I groaned and he took me into his arms again, but I wasn't feeling it anymore. I just wanted to go back to the hotel and sink into a small ball of self-hatred.

"Come on, my place is this way," He said as we walked down the street and I pulled away from him.

"Actually, I think I'm going to go back. I have an early flight tomorrow and-"

"No you're not," Maxx said and for some reason, like the fucking idiot I am, I continued walking beside him.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he locked eyes with me. That's when I realized that although I hadn't tasted a single hint of alcohol on his lips, he was high as fuck. And we're not talking about the good kind.

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not," He said and tightened his grip on my hand.

"N-n-no I'm not," I refused and finally stopped walking but he dragged me with him.

"M-M-Maxx! I don't want to go anywhere with you!" I called out in case he couldn't understand me but he continued walking and I could see the hotel he was probably staying at coming closer to view. 

In a panic, I looked around the street but at two in the morning it was nearly empty and only speaking English, Spanish, and Korean wasn't going to help me in any way, shape, or form in Italy. 

"Let me go! P-P-Please!" I cried out and he finally stopped. Turning to face me with a sly smile on his face before pushing me against the closest stucco wall and forcing me to kiss him. 

"You know you like it, whore," He muttered through our kiss and in a panic, I tried to kick him in the balls but was unsuccessful.

"Maxx, I just want to go home," I growled and tried to swing at him but he easily blocked it, eyeing me as he did so. 

"I like it when you try to put up a fight," He said as his hand gripped my wrist so hard, I thought it was going to snap. With those words, I felt my entire body go numb. 

Ivy had said those exact words in that exact order so many times before.

He took my silence as compliance and laughed. 

"That's better," He sighed and almost kissed me again.

Almost. 

And I say almost because one moment he was towering over me and threatening to rape me.

The next he was body slammed to the ground by a massive force to be reckoned with. 

Wesley Anderson. 

.

.

.

Thomas swung the ax in the middle of the woods behind our farmhouse. Splitting the wood for the fireplace in two as I hugged myself and watched. When I said his name, he paused. Wiping the sweat from his brow and dropping the ax, he looks me dead in the eye with a look I had never seen before. 

But I knew it wasn't good. 

"Thomas?" 

I start to get concerned when he takes two steps away from me, his breathing labored and unsteady. 

"Thomas, what's-"

He raised his hand for me to stop talking and turned around, doubled over and started throwing up in the grass. 

*******************

Sorry for the two parters, I was just really tired last night lmao. 

*Author yawns* 

I'm not even going to bother asking questions anymore cause I know they won't be answered. 

I'm sure if y'all really love me, you'll comment if you want to. 

I gotta go find Wes, calm down Thomas, and push Matty a few times