22. A Deer In The Headlights

The deafening roar of the crowds almost blew out my eardrums as NTB stepped out of the limousine and onto the red carpet. Milo goes first as our fearless leader with my sister following behind him. The transgender couple quickly takes the spotlight away from everyone else in attendance to the GLAAD LGBTQ award ceremony.

Since they were the lead singers of our four-person crew, Thomas and I used to 3rd wheeling and we didn't mind it to be honest.

We were both in for a surprise when we ducked out of the limo to find more than half the flashing lights and questions were directed at Thomas and I. Apparently our relationship was top news these days and a lot of people thought that the four of us had some sort of sex cult going on.

I pasted a sly smile on my face that went from fake to genuine when Thomas placed his hand on the small of my back. Our bodyguards quickly went to work, surrounding us and only letting pre-approved reporters ask us questions. But there was one person missing and my heart aches when I think of him.

"You okay?" Thomas softly whispered to me and I nodded, shaking off the feeling and going back to the task at hand.

"Matthias, what do you think of your friend Maxx being nearly murdered in a stabbing at his house party where you were confirmed to be at?" One reporter asks and I look at her.

"I think its a shame and wish him a swift recovery," I lied in a dull scripted voice and moved on to the next person.

It's not how I really felt but I'd rather fake it than draw a shit ton of unnecessary attention to myself.

Especially with a secret like mine worth a couple million dollars to the press. The number of subscriptions they would sell with people wanting more information would be crazy.

I mean a pregnant guy was one thing add that to the fact I was pregnant, just barely a legal adult, and a rapper.

And if they knew who the father was...

Their minds would explode.

Thomas made a small comforting circle across my shoulders before letting go of me to answer the next question.

"Thomas, what do you think of NTB's new album being banned in some countries before it's even released due to your sexualities and genders?" a woman with a determined look asked my boyfriend who let out a sad sigh.

"I think there are artists in this line of work who are rapists, drug dealers, and murderers who shouldn't be allowed to walk outside a prison nevermind create music that inspires the younger generation to follow in their steps. I think it's unfair that their music is passed along while we are banned for something so personal. Our message is to inspire those who listen to our music that they should always be true to who they are and we will never change nor re-closet ourselves for sales or any other reason," He answers with such eloquence and unscripted professionalism that it was kind of hot.

Then again I find anything Thomas does now sexy as hell since I wanted him so badly. The boy could take a sip of water and I had to bite my lip to keep from letting out any odd strangled sounds.

We walked the rest of the red carpet, letting the camera's flash as we made it into the large arena and were ushered into the green room. Quickly attacked by our hoard of stylist to change our outfits because we were the opening performance.

With ten minutes left to go we walked together to the backstage. Milo taking the lead and talking to us.

"Kai, remember even if your voice cracks at that high note, it's okay and just keep going. Matty, good luck on the piano, remember to keep hydrated with your condition and don't stress on that piano solo. Thomas, as soon as your off stage I want you to go back to the nurse to check your stitches and change your bandages for the rest of the show,"