forty one - last chapter

Dani's POV

I am so frickin excited.

We're in the lift now. I hold Amy's hand, and I start to shaking. That is the proof that I am very excited. "Dan, you're shaking." She said, then Chris, Laur, and Nick look at me. "I am so excited." I said to calm everyone because I know they will be thinking if I'm scared or whatever. But yes, I'm a little bit scared. I am scared to see Lisa, to see Katherine. To see Lauren's reaction seeing Lisa in the hospital bed. "We all are. Calm down okay?" Christina said then smile warmly to me, to us, her little sisters.

Then we have arrived at the 5th floor, just like what the lobby woman said. Amy and I look at each other. She nod and then begin to walk, drag me a little, because I still holding her hand. Everybody is already out. The birthday twins+Nick lead the way while me and Ames walk in their back. I hold Amy's hand more tight because I know we are so close to the room. I feel my heart begin to punding fast. I feel this feeling in my stomach that makes me want to throw up, I am so frickin nervous. Can you imagine? I am excited, scared, and nervous at the same time! Oh my gosh, I never have this kind of feeling.

"Excuse me, Sir, But do you have any permission to enter the VIP section?" a big guy asked Nick when we were about to enter the last hall. Nickt hrow a smile to him, then showing him the VIP pass that the lobby woman has given. "We're family to Lisa Cimorelli. She's in the room number 12. Can you tell us where the room is?" Nick asked.

"Oh sure, sir. You will find the room at the end of this hall. Enjoy your visit." The security guy said then after Nick and Chris said thanks, we walk again, entering the last hall. This VIP hall is so empty, very different from the regular. We walk and walk and walk.

Then Lauren stopped herself from walking.

We found the room.

"Chris, I'm scared." She whispered but I could tell what she was talking by her lips, beside this hall is almost empty. Christina wrap her both hands to Lauren's cheek. "Listen. You don't have to be scared. Lisa is okay, I promise you that. And after she woke up, she will be even better than before when she met you. You are very precious to Lisa, and you have to be strong for her, for yourself too okay?"

Christina wiped Laur's tears with her thumbs, "Ready?" then Lauren nod. Christina nodding to Nick, then he opened the door. "You guys, go get inside first." Chris said because Lauren is not moving. I don't want to make any single debate moment right now, so I dragged Amy to come in. when I was in front of Lauren, I saw something. Lisa's foot covered by blanket. That is why Lauren stop herself. I walk inside then,

"My babies!"

Someone hugged me and Amy tightly.

At first I confused about this lady, but after smelling Apple from her, I knew it was Katherine.

I feel my heart is melting. This is happened so fast. I really feel like an ice cubes, and finally melting because I surrounded by the things that makes me feel warm. I start to sob. I miss her motherly hug. This is so emotional. What do you expect? We haven't met for two years. Amy pulled her hands out from mine. We hug Kath back. "I miss you so much, Kath." Amy said between her sob.

Then Kath pulled herself, and she look at us with her puffy eyes. Clearly she has been crying a lot. "Me too! I love you guys so much. Are you okay?"" she said with her usual worried tone. I catch the view of the books that I know very well. Journals. She read it all. I am dead. I am a  dead cimorelli. Kath recognized me looking at the book.

"Dani, you're so beautiful the way you are. Don't you dare to think that you're not. And Ames? You're so strong. You saved our two babysisters. I will never be more proud of you. I am proud of you Ames, a lot."