Chapter 1

I walked through the gate of the village with a heavy heart. Even though my mood had lightened my heart was drenched with guilt which seemed to consume me. My heart felt heavy whilst my head told me to look forward. I was curious as to what I would experience, what would happen in the future and how my life would change its' direction.

Hear my utmost promise to the heavens.
 I, Mei Zhirou, need to make a name for myself. I want for people to fear my name, to pay me respect and never look down on me or my family ever again.

I took one last glance at the rusty gate and distanced myself with a mixture of sturdy and slighty wobbly steps from the beating.

I eventually arrived at a forest with flourishing and massive trees. As I wasn't used to this terrain I ended up tripping over roots, stumbling over my own two feet repeatedly. My knees started bleeding, soaking my clothes with blood.

I found a small house and decided upon resting. Knees bloody, clothes torn. It certainly wasn't a pleasing sight.
Upon closer inspection of the house following a little rest with water and dry food, I noticed the walls of the house looked like they could need a layer of new colors. I looked around cautiously and realized I was on misty passage with lots of obstacles - lose rocks, tree roots, a lot of vegetation. The nature was so beautiful yet annoying. I couldn't stop myself from dreaming of living here for a bit and closed my eyes. Imagining how I would live my days with selling handcraft in town, staying hidden from the public eye. I would also indulge myself in cultivation.
The flower around the house were blooming in a big variety of colors astonishing me completely. My eyes started to widen automatically. I had never seen something as beautiful  as I saw in that instant right in front of my eyes. I unconsciously began to jump a bit out of joy and smiled while dancing lightly in a kind of foolish and refreshing manner. 

I stopped my movements in my tracks when I suddenly heard a noise from one of the bushes. The leaves moved and I saw the shadow of a person sitting in a bush, staying as still as possible. From the noise and the clumsy movement I concluded it was an elderly person. A bit of white hair was stuck on a stick of the bush. The noise of breaking sticks broke through the silence of the day.
When the man slowly came out of the bush I could finally see his appearance and knew that my guess had been right. I guessed for the man to be around 60 years old. With a friendly smile he looked at me and asked for my name. What followed was a welcoming conversation.

"What is your name young lady? You don't seem like u are married? Why do you walk around here alone?", he asked with a friendly smile and bright eyes that seemingly analyzed me just like this.

"Hello elder", I bowed down and paid my respects, "I greet you. I was just passing by after leaving home in hopes of finding ultimate help. May I ask what this magnificent place is? It caught my eyes with its' rich fauna and the way all seems to flow here.", I pointed to flowers which had mesmerized me.

"This place, young lady, is where the Dark Soul Sect originally had it's roots.", he explained calmly.

"The Dark Souls Sect?", I asked astonished as I had never heard of such a sect or even read about them in the forbidden part of the library that I had sneaked in regularly. 

"Yes and I as the last living guild sect member can tell you we weren't as bad as the other Sects imagined.", he sighed and massaged his temples with his fingers. Seemingly stuck in reminiscing about the formerly glorious times.

"I never read anything about this Sect in the library", I answered dumbfounded. "Even if I may be of low cultivation I never heard my Seniors talking about it. Tell me more about it Elder so that I can widen my horizons. My name is Mei Zhirou, Elder. Please enlighten me."

"So you are from the Mei family, I heard your family is known for its' great silk. Is it true that the cultivation ability in your family is as bad as rumored?", he touched his chin and mumbled to himself.Making my heart bleed even more. So we had reached even the oldest cultivators with such reputation.
He quietly pitied me,"Such unfortunate base for cultivation. No wonder she has a hard time."

"Yes, just as you said Elder. The cultivation in my family is not even mediocre. Hence no one wants to help me cultivate due to my family background and as I would slow down my fellow cultivators.", I nodded and looked at him helplessly. Feeling embarrassed and with burning cheeks.

He however didn't mention it any longer and pulled out a scroll. Tied to the scroll was an ink stone with a ring. The pattern on the ink stone could be seen as snakes twisting themselves around one another forming a whole new set and moving endlessly which naturally couldn't the case.