Chapter 14

Days passed in the blink of an eye. I got up, ate breakfast, trained my cultivation and relaxed for 1 hour while drinking tea in the pavilion. The sun shone brightly and a light breeze towards west cooled down the heated body. The temperature was over the normal temperature for summer. The wind breeze saved me from dying in my disciple clothing. All the layers were definitely a disadvantage. Luckily my shoes were not too thick and few sole. The black of the sole coloured the floor well. I looked at the small lake with fish and water lilies blooming. The water had a sensational effect of shining. While looking at the sunbeam's reflections, I thought back to the day, I got our family dog as a present.

"Hey daughter come here, I have something for you. As you got 4 years old today, I have something special for you. You father brought it back from a business trip. Come and join me on the way to the greeting chamber."

Without knowing what was going on I followed my mother. Her soft-hearted but slim and thin figure made me worried. Our father ordered everyone in the family to lose weight before my sister was born. With a curious tone in my voice I asked my father.

"Father, I heard you brought something back home from your business trip."-"Yes my beloved daughter come here, be quick please."

I got closer with big steps and when I reached my father, he took my hands into his.

"Okay now I will give you your present and treat it well, as it is a living creature. There you go, a little puppy for you. The mother dog died shortly after giving birth. By coincidence, merchants crossed her corpse then and took the puppies, 10 in total, with them to the next Inn."

Without much of an explanation, he stopped holding  my hands in his own and grabbed something behind him in the chair of the authoritarian member of the family, who was my father himself. The present was a small and tiny dog which seemed to be hurt but not to be in a life-threatening state. With only light grabbing, I held the dog in my arms. It's fur was so soft and had small curls.

"Wow, father you are awesome! I love you!"-"I love you too my daughter!"

With euphoria I gave him a kiss on his left cheek and patted the head of the pup with caution not to hurt him. My father was just as euphoric as me. His eyes were sparkling and a smile arose from his normally stern and cold face, not showing any kind of expression or feeling he had.