Chapter 50

Upon looking at all the food I had cooked just now my stomach gave out a big rumble. Did I really forget to eat for nearly 24 hours? Wow was I out of my mind at being left alone and not told the exact reason.

Geez, I went pretty insane in conclusion and feared even more insanity. I needed to get out of this mansion and lock the doors shut before I left the mountain to roam the world learning and striving for more knowledge.

I stuffed the food into my mouth with the mindset to be ready and fight if there was an obstacle to come by on the trip. I had not decided when to end and come back, maybe never but that was supposed to be chosen as an option by fate. I wouldn't dare try to offend fate more than I already did. Many backfires like chaos and my own slump, a weirdo stalking me when I was hella wasted, no controlling person, no one to nag at me for disobeying the rules. Life was simply too boring that way.

Okay decision made, I agreed to myself to follow my instinct just like my teacher had told me. The person I envied, adored, loved and cared for. He made me stronger, more sensitive and clear-headed, confident, independent.
If I were to find a hint on my future it was in his room for certain!

I rushed to his sleeping chamber with my trembling steps on the ground. The echoes from the wood could be heard over and over echoing from the walls. The stones made dull noises while my hurried feet hit the ground again and again. My eagerness let me run as fast as never before. I was certain to follow what was ahead of me be it as difficult as only possible. I would never back down just as I was told and survived all the time. What remained as an option when one screamed "Attack her!" was fighting and killing for your own sake not using soothing words and wounding one's conscience.

My head was full of thoughts and ideas, wishes I wanted to fulfill my whole life and I finally had the chance! I pushed open the door of my teachers' room. Emptiness greeted me with cold and unpleasant wings.
I shuttered and went to the small wooden chest my teacher had told me to search for if his death or life was uncertain and I didn't know his current state.
Well, it shall have come to that point he had predicted. Hence it shall be in my own hands like my teacher had said and warned me while hugging me before he left in the depths of the dark night without notifying me.