Chapter 20

I woke up with confusion. I opened my eyelids slowly and couldn't believe what had happened to me. I sat up slowly touching my body in disbelieve. Tears of joy left my eyes and I just started to laugh happily and childish. The joy to be alive, I finally knew why revived people felt so special. This feeling of getting to realize how much work the human body was in need of, it finally made sense to me. Why human were called a wonder with all their body parts and organs, in addition to the brain working very trustworthy. My mind and my head making me think on my own without someone who must control me.

"You are finally awake, thank god!"

I looked to the left from where the voice came and saw my teacher sitting on a wooden stump. With a big jump, he ran towards me and hugged me tightly. I felt something wet on my shoulder and when I had hugged him back and looked at his face, he seemed to have cried for quite a long time. His cheeks were rosy and irritated. My heart hurt a lot and I swiped away the tears on the cheeks of my teacher. Surprised by this action, he looked at me confusedly, but then he just continued to cry while I hugged him and patted his back drying his tears from time to time. After 2 hours his tear flow stopped. In worry I stood up from the bed and told him to lay down. In a hurry I ran to the apothecary we had and grabbed  two kinds of herbs. Arriving back in my room I began to transform them with an essence flame to one ointment and a powder.

I put the ointment onto the cheeks of my teacher and rubbed it slowly till it had dried and was soaked into his face pores. Then I dipped my 3 longest fingers of the left hand into the powder and also powdered the cheeks. Afterwards I cleaned the medicine into a small cupboard and returned to my teachers side. While I was deep in thoughts and stared at the ceiling of my room, a hand grasped mine and held onto it tightly. In an alarmed state I looked at my teacher to see him sleeping like a baby. A smile was visible on his lips, they had lifted in sleep and I began to see him as an adorable elder person with loneliness and a lot of resentment which was deepening from the people leaving their side.