Chapter 15

The afternoon went by without interesting events. I stood up and arranged my clothes. With a smile, I walked energeticly to my room to get the scroll. I already had learned the first and basic movement building the base for the continous steps. With my finger I followed the writing and at one word I was stunned. The word "soul devouring", it meant thread and lifesaving. Both sides could be differentiated. One side, the "good" sects demanded to burn the scroll for this skill, the "bad" sects disagreed and protected the scroll with their lives. The disciples died in vein and sects vanished in a big and chaotic war. The number of the dead was much higher than the one of the living and still standing with deep and critical wounds. The qi of those surviving, as I heard from merchants, vanished as they destroyed it out of regret. The pressure of killing was too heavy and many became mortals with normal jobs. Merchant, scent seller, clothes seller, everything they wanted to do before the parents forced them to enter a martials arts academy led by sects. The promise to their parents, all of them broke these for their own sake.

The words "I will never do injustice, will fight for the good and revenge only by words not weapons for the sake of peace", none of them could believe these words after all that happened. The moral existing had been crushed by bloodlust, by anger that the sect leaders caused to get stronger. People began demonstrating against the martial arts schools out of fear to get killed by the disciples themselves. The students became monster in the eyes of the common person. The power and control one had, could reach out to the whole city, the whole empire. Just to add, the emperor at that time was a well-known martial artist. His name was Xiang Xituo. The citizens felt betrayal and like they lost their leading and ideal emperor. Xiang Xituo, the leader of the sect causing the war. All his achievements, they meant nothing anymore, the words "Traitor and Ignorant, cold-hearted bastard, monster, the devils child". He received countless numbers of names. The so soft-hearted personality marked by hate and longing for power. It destroyed him, everything. The empire was rebuilt and constructed slowly but with progress. Officials could help the ones in need and fortune shone at us poor civilians finally. The new emperor, a nephew of Xiang Xituo, who killed his own uncle with poison, took over the throne at 5 years. The wisdom of his was brighter than the horizon.