Chapter 16

The past, the future, it held great importance for us mortals, immortals. The gods could be really bad and cruel in judging.Punishing the evil and saving the good, this is what we believe. However, could there be this clear of a judgement? How do u define good and evil? The intentions can't reveal ones personality crystal clear. The mirror reflects the recent not the staying.  Ones misfortune can't be judged by only regarding actions and an ideal state made up by the mind of the punisher. Officials, eunuchs, they all do evil in the name of the royal heirs. The princes fighting over a throne, the concubines committing suicide. It all goes down, becomes a mess of an unbearable extent.

Fortune telling, some may be familiar with it, many fear it. I-ching stood for a new era. Bones were rejected, fire was not seen as a way to see fortune. I myself prefer liquids. They tell you a lot. A murder, a kidnapping incident, a death, a rescue. Water is an element with unnameable power and value. Virtue is remarked by water in households. Money meant just as much.

To get admired from a circle of people, mostly small villages, you needed to look good, be rich and have a beautiful or skilled child. I was only beautiful but had a strong personality. If I ever was born as a boy, I wouldn't have fighting skills either. Fight Qi is nothing you get born with naturally. To have it in your blood was a blessing. God preferred your family, gifted you and your owned gene pool. Prestige and a prosperous life shone at you.

I finished the scroll and closed my eyes shortly for a few seconds. I yawned and sighed afterwards.

"Teacher how come this is so much of information?"-""Dear, this isn't much of information. The scroll tells you the story of fortune and the methods to get greeted by the good fortune. Why do you get tired every single time you want to read scrolls about topics like fortune and virtue? This young generation can't even read a scroll in a few hours!"

He shook his head laughing and looked at me in an amused way. I on the other hand was looking at him not feeling well at all. I stretched my arms and laid onto the floor leisurely.