Chapter 34

What the maid said first, surprised me.

"Hey, you know, I wonder why the master is always so scared talking about his dead daughter. I hate that we need to play along to even survive here."-"Don't worry, all of the people around him are tired of it. Keep quiet he is coming. Why now when we talk about him?!"

In a scared manner, both began to work like ordered before it seemed. The master they had talked about should be the one all of them feared deep to the bone.

"Come here Xianrou! Now! Why won't you move faster! Damn women! You are all so useless!"-"Yes master, how can I help you?"

However, not only was she mocked but also cursed. Furthermore, to my surprise, she hid the feeling to hurt and acted loyally like a little doggy chasing after the owner for food.

"Massage my wife's shoulders and help her take a bath. I don't her to have another miscarriage and a dutiless daughter again. And you, Xiaofou. You better take good care of my pets. Did you get it? If not let me make it short. You care about your family right?"-"Yes master, I do care about my family."-"Good, better behave then I guess and get me wine immediately! I want to get drunk tonight!"

Phew, how could a father act worse than an asshole and be a cold and dangerous man? Moreover, how could he be so heartless and cruel? God, how I hated those men thinking they own everything! I wish I could kill them one by one until none of these bloody bastards disappeared!

"Keep it low please! Do you know now what I meant by be very cautious?"

Out of the blue, the maiden whispered into my ear. I simply nodded. I was too deep in shock to answer. My throat was too dry to speak. What if I could not get out of here soon and would fall asleep here? Oh god, don't even imagine this situation girl! You wanna keep on living? Then don't be so dumb! I scolded myself harshly for my foolishness.