Chapter 25

I was not done yet with freaking out over the changes and my mind was overtaxed. The situation was purely too much for me. What I told myself was, that I needed to get along with all the things that had changed.

My mind was overheating and I decided to swim in the lake for a short time. With still a head full of confusion, I took off my clothes and stepped into the water.

As soon as I entered the water, the color changed to deep and dark red. In the moonlight, it seemed to be poisonous and dangerous, to me though, it seemed familiar. The picture of when I got pushed into the blood pool popped up in my head. I calmed myself and tried to recall what happened the day when I went to the village to visit the market and trade. What I could remember was finding the dead farmer with the hay doll and the cruelly distorted and twisted bodies.

Out of nowhere, a slight fear took me by surprise. In my deep thoughts, I hadn't realized how strong the wind rushed over the water. With caution not to get sick, I sat down to hide my body except the head and neck from the wind.

The water somehow made me swim around and began to fool around in the water.

An hour later, I got out of the water, the sun rose slowly and I hurriedly swam to the shore of the lake. In a hurry, I dressed, dried my hair as much as possible and put it into a simple knot. With a relaxed expression on my face, I walked to the kitchen fast and began to cook breakfast. The usual breakfast is rice, buns, tea and also a soup I learned to make coincidently, the radish soup. I found radish in the plant area of the garden and tried to prepare a meal with it. Frying it was good, but the soup which I brewed with it was better. My teacher ate all of the soup alone the first time I had brewed it. In conclusion, I ended up brewing some every morning now.