Chapter 42

The hall was clean and empty. No sign of my teacher in any way. No scent, no audible qi, no clothing laying around. Not his habit at all.
I felt somewhat fear that was swapping over me out of the blue. Why did I start to panic? I asked myself that question. Did I have a so strong and intimate bond already? Wow, living with such a friendly and openminded person helped me grow out of my fear. I didn't scare back from having a relationship with people around me, it seemed.

Still, this emptiness and the disappearance of my teacher freaked me out like crazy, I am totally honest. I walked around the hall, my steps echoing in the big hall. I felt like I was being watched. Could this person be my teacher? I hoped so, but as I knew my luck I guessed it wasn't him.
After checking multiple spots, I moved towards the person watching me. In a small space behind a small cupboard with all of my self-made perfumes sat a little boy. AT seeing me, he panicked and tripped over the small cupboard, then he sprinted out of the hall into the forest.

I had wrinkles on my forehead. Why would my teacher let other people in here? Normally, yes normally, not many were allowed to enter these grounds. Only me and my teacher.
With a lot of confusion, I went on to check the parts in the back.

In my room, I found my brush lying on the ground. Not where it was put by me. I always tended to put the brush onto my small desk. Next to my papers. Just in case, I wanted to write a letter. In were none of them though until the current.
Next up was the pavilion, but as one can guess not a single person in sight.
However, I saw a small note on the ground, put under one stone from next to our pond.
The writing was from my teacher, I immediately recognized his writing. This unidentifiable mess of words could be only his trait.
"Dear Zhirou,
I know. You might wonder what has happened. The mansion open to everyone, me not present. These circumstances are uncommon to you. However, I had serious business. I had a letter arriving. As I had opened it, an old friend of mine asked me to help with some problems of his. I won't tell you more as I know you will run after me immediately to stop me from doing so.  Hence, the situation required me to leave in such a hurry. I won't be back for two weeks or more. I hope you don't feel too lonely while I am absent to help a friend my student. Keep on training. The trip will be shorter than a month, I am certain. Till I come back home,
Chen Rugong"