Chapter 31

The small meadow in the forest was bright. The moonlight shone onto the grass, making it shine like diamonds reflecting the light shining onto its surface. The flowers were glowing like jewels and I couldn't stop myself from being hit by the magnificence of this place. What I ought to do here, I forgot it for a second and took a deep breath. Supported by the beautiful atmosphere I stepped out of the dark forest and onto the meadow. Out of a certain fear I moved with small steps and slowly with caution. I broke out into sweat and screamed shortly, but really high. The maiden who had talked to me before, she appeared randomly at any place at any time. I tried to calm my racing heart down, however, she already began to talk so I was left to listen to her.

"My name is Xiaojia Li. Just like me, you are destinied. I came from a poor family and left home after becoming someone without family, a nobody. My father always beat my brother so I stepped in between one time."

While she was talking she crossed her arms behind her back and walked into the direction of the forest.

"Let me show you where I lived. I guess you will be surprised and shocked after seeing it. However, I don't the same horrible things to happen to you dear. Not like me, you have a long life left to live, a lot to learn, to love and to feel every emotion. In my case may be, fortune kind of hated me. Furthermore, the more I tried to fight it, well as you can guess, the worse it got. Look over there, do you see the light in the forest, this is where all my misfortune took place. Let me guide you and show you how I ended up as a feared maiden. We maidens weren't purely evil at first. On the other hand, we got mistreated, raped and hated for our innocence. These times are though, truly tough."

As she had told me to, I followed her to the light. When we closed in on it, I saw a luxurious house and candles burning in front of the door.