21- let go

Ariella's povThe next day

Ariella's pov
The next day

Today was Friday which meant we had another football game today.

Fucking great, the one thing i didnt look forward to.

I went to school and everyone was looking at me. Im so used to the stares being linked to bad things that i was surprised when people were smiling and congratulating me.

"Yo i heard you beat Tiny last night." Some random kid walked past me with a smile. I just nodded my head and smiled. It made me relieved that i was being noticed for something good, something i was proud of.

Cesar walked up to me. "Hey." He smiled as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Sup fool." I said in Oscar's voice.

He just laughed. "So uh. I heard you're back with Julian." He seemed hesitant on bringing it up and i could tell he wasn't happy.

"Yes." I said hesitantly while walking over to a bench.

He sat next to me and gave a half smile.

"So um.... why?" He asked with pure confusion. I dont blame him, I cried to him over the stupid shit Julian did and here i am running back. "I thought you and my brother liked each other."

"No. I think i was just confused. But i dont think i could be with a guy like him." I shrugged and Cesar frowned.

"Look Cesar... i know you really want me and Oscar to be a thing but could you please just forget about it. It will never happen. It didn't happen before he got locked up or when he was locked up and it wont happen now that he's free." I sighed as i held onto my cheer bag. "Im happy with Julian and im willing to do anything to make things work with us."

"So you're willing to sacrifice your own happiness for him?" He raised a brow. I was silent. Then he just gave up on the topic. "If he hurts you again im gonna kick his ass." He mumbled and i nod my in head agreement.

"Deal." I laughed with him.

Lunch

"Aye Ortiz." Andy walked over to me and Nevaeh.

"Hey." I smiled at him as he sat down. "So you going to the game tonight?" I questioned him as he rolled his eyes. "Why would i wanna support those dumbasses?" He scoffed as he pointed to Julian and his friends walking by.

"Aye Torres you gotta problem?" One of the players walked up to our table.

Fuck.