you broke my heart and i hate you because i still love you - z.k (long)

you and zion have a past. which isn't good. at all.

you were together all throughout high school, until he kinda just disappeared from your life.

randomly.

until. 2 years later after not hearing from zion. he shows up to your church. because he knew that's the one place other than home that you'd be.

you stand up to leave and see zion there. you wanna say something. but nothing came out.

zion nods "i know i know you hate me but i'm here now. i'm not leaving. not again."

you sighed as you walked right past him "zion. how did?"

zion shrugged "i didn't y/n. i didn't know you'd be here. i just. i hoped. that's all"

you sighed "zion.."

zion looks at you "i love you"

you sighed "zion.. you broke my heart and i hate you because i still love you!"

zion looks at you "bub.."

you wipe your eyes "you didn't even know i was gonna be here! from how much your name has been in the media how am i supposed to believe what you say is true huh?!"

you moved your hands gently away from your eyes "because i wouldn't of came all the way back to ottawa if i didn't."

you just shrugged. you had no idea how to handle the situation

"we're based in LA. here's the address. i leave here tomorrow morning. i'll be home. if you want to give us another go and make this a forever thing. which i can assure you it will be. meet me here. tomorrow 8pm" he handed you a card

after he walked away you turned around to see a lady who was beside you with her kids at the service "i know it's none of my business, and i've never met either of you, but that seemed nothing but genuine. nothing he's done can be that bad for you to even consider seeing him.. remember that"

you nod.

you got thinking.

you booked the first flight to LA. lands at 6pm. was the only one you could find.

the next day. in LA.

you look at an old photo of you and zion that you still had in your wallet. "what i would give to go back to that... younger self.. you should of forgave him.. it would of made this a hell of a lot easier."

you went to your hotel room. you had no idea how long you'd be there. so you found one that let you pay nightly.

you unpack everything you had, which wasn't much. and look at the card.

then. pick up your computer & a jacket and walked out.

before you could even knock on the door the boys were smothering you "you must be the amazing y/n!" nick smiled
"we've heard so much about you! zion won't shut up about you!" austin added

you nod "ah yeah. that's. that's me."

after a little talking. your walls came back down.

"i'm sorry. i never meant to take off like that. i just freaked with everything that all came at me at once you know? and then now i'm here it's just. time never really slowed down like it used to with us." zion looks at you

you scoffed "hm tell me about it"

after 6 hours of talking. you both fell asleep. and surprisingly it felt right. that hesitation you had just went right out the window. it turned out that going to see him was the best risk you had ever taken. even if you thought it was gonna blow up in your face.

but. you were beyond glad it didn't.