you're my best friend & it's like i don't even recognise you - z.k

you and zion had a falling out awhile ago, he didn't approve of who you were sounding yourself by.

"i'm my own person z! i can hang out with whoever i want!" you sigh

zion sighed "not when he's a douche y/n!"

you sighed "he's not! he hasn't-"

zion sighed "you're not happy! i know you're not. and that's because of him, you've been okay around us, but as soon as he came into the picture you changed"

you sighed "zion he hasn't-"

zion snaps "nah i don't care what happened! you're my best friend and it's like i don't even recognise you anymore."

you sighed softly. you were about to finish your sentence when zion walked out.

you sighed and decided to head home. that was that.

brandon texts the next day. just after 1pm "come over. you and z need to sort this out. he's been so so mad all day"

you sighed "b. i. i don't know if that's a good idea"

brandon sighed "he needs you. he can't see it, but he does"

you replied "fine. but if i leave quick, you can't say i didn't try"

brandon replies "that's understandable"

you got to the boys place: and you walk in.

"i don't want to talk to you!" zion snaps

you nod "feeling is mutual"

you go to walk out the opposite way as zion. when brandon grabs both of your arms "you will sit down and sort this shit out before either of you leave this room."

you sighed and sat down.

zion sighed "i don't even recognise you anymore y/n."

you sighed "i didn't. i didn't do anything wrong"

zion nods "yes you did! you go out drinking with him every day, what do you even get up to! you-"

you sighed "stop. i can't. i don't need this! he said the same shit about you earlier! i had the crap from him this morning and then to come over here and get-"

zion cut you off "what happened this morning"

you sighed "not important."

zion sighed "you're my best friend. i care about you."

you sighed "i didn't do anything wrong"

zion sighed "you've been around people who make you a worse person rather than people who better yourself"

you sighed "i see how it is."

zion sighed "that's not. that's not what i meant."

you nod "yeah it is." you then started to walk out

zion sighed and grabbed your arm "i just. ever since we've gotten back from tour, i don't recognise you"

you sighed "that's because you weren't here!"

zion sighed "i was on tour."

you nod "i know how much your career means to you. that's why i never stopped you leaving."

zion sighed "if you didn't want me to go-"

you shake your head "no z, that's not what i meant. it's your career, i know you love it. that's why i wouldn't stop you."

zion sighed "you could of came."

you sighed "i didn't want to take it away from you."

zion sighed "it wouldn't of been hard for you to come.."

you sighed "z! i go to college. i can't just take 4 months off. summer yeah, but that's 3 months. not 4."

zion nods "i know you couldn't of made all of it. but some. some would of been nice."

you nod "okay fair enough. i get that. i should of gone to some shows but i can't make them all z. you know that."

zion nods "i know.. i just. i miss you"

you sighed "we were really-"

zion nods "fair play"

he then grabs a box of chocolates and roses. "i was a dumbass for even letting you go. regardless of tour or not. i love you. y/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

you smiled "wait really? you're not? this isn't a prank?" you then look at the boys for reassurance

nick smiled "it's zion you're talking about, as much as he pranks us, he'd be an idiot to prank you & he knows it"

zion then nods

you smiled softly "then yes. i will be your girlfriend"

the guys cheer

zion kisses your cheek "that also means you can see us at shows now for free! that's the ones you can get too. not all of them"

you smiled softly "there's the motivation"

zion smiled softly.

it wasn't perfect. no. but it's zion. you're happy. what more could you ask for. i mean really.