you should give me a fighting chance.. - a.p (long)

you & austin are close. but. that's really all you are. it's a confusing situation.

you're not sure what you are. friends. friends with benefits. a thing? nothing? like it's extremely confusing. to the both of you.

you had not long gotten out of a relationship with sean. you were together 3 years. pretty serious too. or so you thought. he was cheating for a big big portion of the relationship, when you found out, that was that. no second chance. nothin.

but when you went to austin about it. he didn't handle it the way you expected.

you walk over to the boys place. they live about a block away from you. which, has its good & bad moments.

you walk over & they let you in asap.

they all give you a hug, and austin hugs you too but. it wasn't a normal austin hug.

you look at austin "you okay?"
austin nods "great"
you look at austin "aust..."
he shakes his head "i'm fine"

you nod then walked over to the others "is he really fine though?"

they all shook their heads.

"he's been really quiet since you mentioned sean" nick said
"and how he treated you" zion added

you nod "was he alright before then though?"

brandon modded "yeah, but as soon as it was mentioned that sean hurt you. he lost it."

"completely shut down" edwin adds

you nod.

you head back over to austin

"i know you're not okay aust... drop the act & talk to me... please"

austin turned around "i don't want to hurt you! not like he did. not like your dad did! not like any man in your life previously has! i'm worried that if i stick around that will happen! and i won't be able to live with myself if i did hurt you!"

you sighed "aust.. i. yeah, he hurt me. they both did. but that's them. you're not like that. you wouldn't cheat on me, you wouldn't abuse me. you wouldn't hurt me at all. i know that."

austin looks at you "do i though? sean said he never would hurt you. yet here we are"

you sighed "sean had a violent past, austin. it was bound to happen eventually & i was dumb enough to stay around until it did"

austin shakes his head "it wasn't your fault your loved him with your whole heart"

you shrugged "maybe. but it was my fault that i let him break my heart.. trust me when i say i know you're not like that. now that i've seen him like that i can immediately tell, you won't hurt me at all."

austin sighed "y/n. i love you. i just don't know if that's enough"

you sighed "of course it is! if it wasn't i wouldn't be fighting for you right now!"

austin sighed softly "i just worry. that's all. i don't want to cause you any pain.."

you smiled "the only pain you've ever caused me is when you rub my back too hard, or tickle my feet when you're massaging them. or when you make me laugh too hard. you haven't hurt me or caused me pain in a bad way & you never will!"

austin looks at you "you really believe that?"

you nod "yes. with everything i have"

austin nods "okay. then i believe it too"

it then went silent until austin tackles you softly to the ground and starts tickling you again. you tried to push him away but you just couldn't stop laughing

the boys walked back inside "and they're back"

you smiled softly cuddling into austin as he was laying down beside you once he finished tickling you.

you lost another guy in your life, due to violence & there's no way in hell that'll happen with austin. he & you made sure of that. you were both on the exact same page, now that's a happy ever after.