don't you give your heart away so easily.. - b.a

your best friends with brandon. you've been through a break up.. a rough one. but he's always there. always. you went for a rebound once your relationship with todd ended, you thought it would help, well the rebound adam definitely didn't help.

you were down on the sofa. 4am. everyone else had gone to bed. you? not so much.

brandon came downstairs and sat beside you "you have a bed in this house remember?"

you nod "yeah.. but the 55 inch smart tv is out here"

brandon turns the tv off and looks at you. "y/n? what's happening?"

you sighed "another heart break."

brandon looks at you "y/n. remember what i said?"

you sighed "that the whole hook ups, no feelings, no strings attached aren't for me?"

brandon sighed "no, that was zion. but, he's not wrong. besides the point. what did i say?"

you sighed "don't you give your heart away so easily"

brandon nods as he continues "that would be the end of a beautiful story"

you sighed softly "did you just use your own lyrics on me?"

brandon nods "i did indeed. but did they help?"

you shrug "somewhat."

brandon smiled softly as he grabs your hands "exactly. you're too precious to be doing the whole one night stands, the whole hookups and walk of shames, the drinking until you can't walk anymore but still hook up with a random then come home and crash on the sofa off your-"

you nod "off my head. i get it.. this isn't your best pep talk b."

brandon nods "i'm getting there. my point is, why do you keep doing this when you know it's not the right thing?"

you sighed "because it's stopping me from doing something i'll most likely regret"

you then kiss brandon.
but to your shock, he kissed back.

you look at brandon "that i was meant to regret? i don't- okay now i'm even more confused"

brandon took your hands "i was worried the whole time you were out at night. i was worried you wouldn't even be able to walk in the door, that you'd be brought back by the police- although that's actually happened before. but you get what i'm trying to say. i've been worried about you ever since todd broke your heart y/n."

you sighed "he really did."

brandon nods "exactly. you deserve better than that. someone who has your back no matter what, is there to make you laugh but is also there when you need to cry. who shares common interests and dislikes who-"

you cut brandon off by kissing him again "who talks too much"

brandon smiled "it's a curse but seriously. you deserve so much more than them losers ever gave you."

you smiled "so you're the next loser who will give me more huh?"

brandon itches his head "i mean. we're best friends y/n.. i-"

you sighed "you wouldn't of kissed me back if you didn't want to be more..." he then stood up off the sofa "b.." you sighed again

brandon sighed "that's not what i was- i love you. i always have and i always will but i don't want to ruin our friendship by trying to be more.."

you smiled softly "maybe it's god telling us it won't. think about it. all the heartache we've helped each other through and this one just happened to lead to us kissing? maybe it's god telling us that we're ready to be more than friends?"

brandon smiled "at least one of us has brains in this relationship" he smiled kissing you again "y/n. will you be my girlfriend?"

you nod.

brandon then smiled "we should probably head off to bed it's late-"

you both look at the time "ah what one?" you look at each other.

brandon smiled "you know what let's just settle for the sofa and we can talk about that when it's light out"

you nod "sounds like a plan to me"

you flicked the tv back on and spent an hour if that watching a movie before you both fell asleep on the sofa. only to be woken up in the loudest way possible by the guys. but, as crazy as your world is, you wouldn't have it any other way.