maybe i'm a fool for distancing myself from you.. - n.m

maybe i'm a fool for distancing myself from you. maybe that's why i couldn't admit that i loved you because for some reason i couldn't accept that maybe, just maybe you might of loved me too..

you and nick got in a heated argument. y'all fight. a lot. but this.. this one. it was different.

you never knew why you always got into fights. it just never registered. until.

you walked into the house (you live with him & the boys) late. normally it's nothing. and you're starting to think it's not that simple anymore.. somethings gone that was there before. you just don't know what.

nick stands up and walks right over to you "why the fuck are you late again y/n?! i love you i do. but it's been every single night for the last two weeks.. what's going on."

you sighed "i'm."

nick looks at you "what?"

you sighed "i've been distancing myself from you."

nick went to snap "what the fu-"

but you cut him off "maybe i'm a fool for distancing myself from you. maybe that's why i couldn't admit that i loved you because for some reason i couldn't accept that maybe, just maybe you might of loved me too.."

nick sighed "bub"

you flopped down on the sofa "you have a million of girls lining up for you, and i guess that was just. i don't know."

nick sighed "yeah. maybe. but you're the one i chose. you're the one living with us."

you sighed "i know. and it seems so stupid but i do feel like i don't deserve you. that you can do so much better than me and i just feel bad for having you have to settle with me when you have millions to chose from and maybe that's why i couldn't admit that i do love you because if you did. if that slight chance you did.. it would make me feel guilty.

nick smiled "yeah, i do. but i love you. you. and it doesn't make you guilty. it makes you mine y/n. i don't care what everyone thinks. i don't care. i have you. the boys. that's all i need."

you look at nick "i was running away from you because i didn't know what was going on in my head"

nick kisses you "did that-"

you cut him off "actually yeah. that. it's clear. i love you."

nick kissed you again "i love you too"

you smiled softly.

you were running away because you didn't know if what you thought was love or guilt. but in that moment, it was nothing. nothing but love.

and that's all you ever need.