drunk, - n.m (long)

you tagged along to the boys house party with a friend of yours, emma who was really close with edwin.

you kinda felt left out, alone & just kinda over it. but. you didn't wanna leave so you just went & locked yourself in the bathroom.

you heard some arguing between what sounded like a guy & a girl.

you then heard someone enter into the bathroom. the toilet was separate compared to the sink & bath etc. so you heard someone walk in.

"fuck man! i can't believe kylie just did that to me! treat me like a piece of dirt. like a fuckin rug man!" nick started yelling.

he was so mad.

you sighed. a little scared. but. when the yelling had calmed down, you walked out.

"are. is. are you okay?" you looked at him
nick nods "yup. i'm good."
you look at nick "you didn't seem it..."
nick nods "yep. i'm good"
you sighed "nick.. i don't know you a whole lot. but i know something happened. i have ears."

nick sighed "she cheated on me, tried to blame it on me when i went to ask her what happened, then she tried to ignore it all. then i tried to say it wasn't right, then she smacked me & left"

you sighed "nick.."
nick shakes his head wetting his face trying to stop the stinging "stop.."
you sighed "nick she.."
nick sighed "stop it. she hurt me, yeah. but she's not a bad person"
you sighed "she cheated. she punched you. she left."
nick sighed "stop! i don't need a lecture from someone who just spent their night in the stall away from everyone & everything!"
you sighed & looked at nick "she hurt you! there's no excuse for that! & in multiple ways too!"

by now nick & you were out of the bathroom & just talking outside of it.

your best friend emma hears you two bickering.

"nick. seriously! don't chase after-"
nick cut you off "i have to! i love her!"

you grabbed his arm and stopped him "nick. that's not. she doesn't deserve you!"
nick sighed "who really does though?!"
emma jumped in "what's going on here.."
you look at nick "he-"
nick cut me off "nothing. we're all good here"

emma nods & walks off.

you look at nick "you didn't have to back me up. i had that"
nick nods "hm yeah"
you rolled your eyes "i did"
nick mumbled "just like i had that whole situation earlier... i'm sorry. for losing it at you"

you smiled "don't worry. it's okay. we've all had our fair share of heart break."

nick looks at you

you nod "also cheated. one abusive. one who lied to me & left me for my best friend. not emma though. so yeah. been there."

nick sighed "shit."
you nod "yeah. but i'm here now so it's-"
"it's okay" nick mumbled beneath his breath. then looked up at you "wanna leave here? get some food?"
you nod "actually yeah. that would. that would be nice"

you both disappeared & went out for food, came home late late hours of the night and both crashed side by side on the floor of the living room

edwin looks at emma then down at you & nick "should we move?-"
emma smiled "no no. we'll leave them.. they look happy"
edwin nods "i never saw him smile like that with kylie"
emma smiled "maybe he wasn't truly happy with her. but is with y/n.. we'll never know. let's go bub"
edwin nods.

you wake up just before nick. but. you don't bother moving. then, when he wakes up, he does the same. "maybe this wasn't so bad"

nick nods "maybe emma was right"

you smiled "hm maybe! that's something you don't hear every day though!"

nick giggled "so pancakes?"

you both ate breakfast together then spent the rest of the day together. behind all the heartbreak that was there, he was a really solid & sweet guy. it would be good if everyone saw it like that...