they like you as my friend but idk if they could handle more. - e.h (loong)

you and edwin have been friends for just over a year, you get along with his family. but the same can't be said with your family. there's some tension between your older brother & edwin. you're not sure why. but. as friends your family approves.. when you become more. the same can't be said.

valentine's day.

edwin just asked you to officially be his girlfriend, you said yes. but. you had some doubt about your brother & edwin.

you sighed looking off the balcony "when he comes home from his girlfriends he's gonna lose it ed..."

edwin smiled "who?"

you sighed "jasper? my brother? you know?"

edwin nods "yes i know who he is babe but i think he'll be okay"

you sighed "you don't know him like i do though.."

edwin nods "well no i don't but i know you. and i love you. i'm sure we'll get along very well!"

you sighed softly "he's like the overprotective brother & dad in one. if you thought an overprotective brother when we were just friends was enough.. wait till you see him as an overprotective brother dad when he finds out we're together."

edwin smiled "baby. you're stressing too much. it'll be okay!"

you sighed "i wish."

edwin smiled "bub you don't know it's gonna go bad though!"

you nod "fair point but you don't know it's gonna go good either.."

after debating over it for awhile, you headed to your place. you live in an apartment with your brother, jasper. you're about two years apart, so reasonably close in age.

you get there.

"ed i don't know if i can do this..."

edwin takes your hands "baby. we're just telling him we're offical. it's not like we're engaged.. don't stress. okay?"

you nod "okay"

your brother came home. with his girlfriend olivia.

he walks in "y/n!!"

you sighed "it's bouta happen ed."

jasper walks in, "i said y/n!"

you rush downstairs. and look at jasper "yeah?"

jasper held his girlfriend's olivia's hand "i proposed to liv & she said yes!!! we're engaged!"

you look upstairs then smiled "yay jasp. congratulations olivia"

olivia smiled "everything okay?"

you sighed "no." you look upstairs "ed.."

edwin walks downstairs and you look at jasper "ah edwin & i are. are. we're. we're officially together"

jasper looks at edwin then at olivia. then at you.

you sighed "jasper. say something."

jasper shrugs "i don't like him y/n. you know that. but. if you're happy, then.."

you nod "beyond it. i just want y'all to get along. to be able to bring him over here & not have y'all look you wanna kill each other.."

olivia nods "i'll keep an eye on him. make sure he makes effort if he makes you truely happy"

you nod "he does"

olivia smiled "i'll try keep ed in check. yeah? maybe just spend a few days at his? that way you're out of the firing zone so he can calm down?"

you nod "good idea. thank you. and again, congrats"

you hug olivia. and then head back upstairs with ed

"we have to go to yours for a few days. i know we weren't meant to for a little longer but i don't want to be around when-"

edwin nods "when liv tries to reason with jasp. i get it"

you smiled "i love you."

edwin smiled "i love you more."

you both headed back to ed's place.

a few days later you got a call from olivia. which automatically stressed you out.

"hey, what's up?" you answered

oliva sighed "he didn't handle it well. as you were expecting. he actually kinda.-"

you cut her off "he didn't hit you did he!? i swear if he did i'm gonna-"

olivia cut you off "no no he didn't hit me. he didn't hit anyone. same can't be said for his car though."

you sighed "what did he do?"

olivia sighed "he went driving early hours this morning, i got woke up by the police at 4am. he's in hospital."

you sighed "fucking idiot. is he okay?"

olivia nods "few more days up here." she was outside his room whilst she was calling you. she looked into the room "he'll be okay"

you sighed "ill be up there in 20."

olivia nods "but bring edwin. have him drive you. the last thing i want is you hurt like him."

you nod and hung up.

you and edwin headed to the hospital. you got in and olivia was waiting outside his room for you.

"broken ankle in two places, might never be the same. multiple broke ribs. but. he's very lucky."

you sighed looking into the room "this. this is my fault i shouldn't of-"

olivia and edwin both cut you off "no it's not!"

you sighed as you then just walked in.

"i'm sorry jasper. you're a fucking idiot, don't get me wrong but we wouldn't be in position if i handled this myself. i shouldn't of expected you to be okay with ed & i." you sighed as you sat in the seat beside jaspers bed

jasper looked at you "it's not your fault. i didn't think it hit me this hard either. but. it did."

you sighed "it could of been worse. remember the call we got about dad? when he had been in that accident & didn't make it? if that was you-"

jasper sighed "y/n. if that was me, i would of be been beyond happy if edwin looked after you."

you look at jasper "really?"

jasper nods "only took me a broken foot & ribs to notice."

you laugh a little "only"

jasper smiled softly "i'm okay with it. is he here?"

edwin nods "here"

jasper smiled "promise me you'll look after her no matter what?" he then sighed "if this situation was different would you of-"

edwin nods "i wouldn't even doubt it jasper."

jasper nods "then yeah. i'm okay with it"

you smiled as you hugged jasper & edwin hugged him too.

olivia smiled as she then joined it.

"happy family hey!" olivia smiled

you look at jasper who was looking at you and edwin "happy family!" you both then said together.

it was rough. but. it ended the way you wanted. just with a few more injuries but it could of been a lot worse. lucky call i say.