this is something you love. they shouldn't take away from that - n.m (long)

you've been working at the apple store for years now. you're probably the biggest technology nerd you know, but, you're fine with it.

it's something you love, you can't ask for more.

but. the one thing that comes with it, is the smart ass teens that come in every day giving you shit. until. one day. someone stood up for you. and he was adorable to say the least.

"you're too beautiful to be a tech nerd!" one like 15 year old smirked

you scoffed and walked off.

another one of the guys friends join in "fr though. what brings you here to a low life place like this? that's tough"

"you look like you'd be more a strip-"

security jumped in. "out" he through out the kids.

you sighed "what a way to add to my already extremely low confidence"

your boss gave you a 20 minute break before you came back in.

nick and the boys were in the store this time. all scattered around the store, so you didn't know they were together.

as you were walking around, you bump into one of the guys from before again "seriously. what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?! you could make some serious dollars on the street selling drugs or some shit than working in a stupid nerd central like this"

nick jumps in "man. back off"

the kid scoffed "i know you ain't talking to me!" he took a step closer to nick

nick nods "you bet your ass i am"

you sighed "stop. i'll just call security."

nick shakes his head "no. no guy can talk to a girl like that. especially one as-" he cuts himself off from going all flirty with it "just. no one deserves to be treated like that."

you shrug "i'm used to it. just let the kid do what he wants."

the kids nods "yeah. let me do what i want boy"

nick scoffs "nah. i ain't letting that happen. you needa leave. come back when you're not so pig- headed and you learn to respect women!"

zion comes around the corner "seriously kid. just go before this gets bigger than it needs to be"

brandon jumps in "you should go"

edwin nods "before we take it to a knew level"

austin nods "where you'd be right over your head"

by now the kid has taken off. in what looked to be almost tears.

you look at nick and the boys "you didn't have to-"

nick interrupts you "yes i did. kids like that think they own everyone. they shouldn't be able to talk to you like that. especially when i can see this is something you love. they shouldn't take away from that"

you shrug "i just got so used to it. you know?"

nick nods "i know. but. how about we go to coffee? we can put them little scamps behind us"

you look over at your boss "i can't. my boss just gave me a 20 minute break, which was longer than it should of been. i gotta get back to it"

your boss smiled "go out with the guy! take tomorrow off too. you need a you day after what just happened!"

you smiled "okay thank you"

you walk out with the boys and go to coffee. after talking to them. you were beyond glad they jumped in, cause at first. you weren't overly pleased but since it introduced you to 5 new friends and one even more (possibly) then that's a win win.