drunk voicemails- z.k

you and zion are very close. best friend kinda close. and you have been for some time now. ever since before PM started. so you've been there through it all.

ever since the boys were formed and social media presence lifted so to speak, everyone started to ask about you & zion. all the time. from whether it be comments on his twitter or insta, to the bands music videos to in his and your dms. it became overwhelming very quickly.

you weren't sure how he felt, but you knew exactly how you did.

until. one night you got a little more than you bargained for.

the boys were celebrating being on the billboard charts. so they went out drinking for a little.

but. it. well it became a lot fast.

you were having a quiet night at home, well so you thought.

you looking at your phone when it pops up with a call from zion. you answer it.

"babe we made it onto the billboard charts!!"

you smiled softly "congrats bubby!"

he then talked on and on for a little then hung up.

it was a normal conversation.

2 hours later. you had finished a movie and we're looking for another one. when zion had called again. this time, you picked up and noticed he was off. he started slurring his words and was just not all there, so to speak. so, you hung up, put your phone on silent and enjoyed the next few hours watching the last movie.

you then decide to check your phone. 6 voicemails. 5 from zion & one from austin.

"hey baby i just wanna say i ah. we made it onto the charts"
"i wish you were here with me right now i love you"
"i'm tired"
"i want. i want to be more than just a friend to you. this whole friend thing is so hard for me now."
"i love you. friends isn't enough for me anymore. i now know that"

we're all zion's voicemails.

austin then leaves one.

"hey it's me, i was just giving you a heads up. z said he wants to spend the night with you so we'll come by and help sort him out for you"

you then text austin "okay see you soon"

you had no idea the condition zion was gonna come back in. so, you had a big bottle of water & a bucket waiting on the kitchen table already for when the boys brought him inside.

10 minutes later zion was back and the guys were helping him back into bed whilst austin was with you in the kitchen.

you itch your head "ah did you. did you hear z leaving me messages?"

austin nods "yeah, i didn't drink anything and he was a mess and that's why i decided to bring him home. it was meant to be our home but this is where he wanted to be"

you nod "glad one of y'all had the head to stay sober"

austin nods "someone had to watch them. and i'm sorry for what he said. i tried to stop him, he's just. you know what he's like. especially when he's drunk"

you nod "i know. but thank you. get the others home safe. i've got this one"

austin nods "goodluck!"

you then grab the water & the bucket and take it to the spear bedroom. it was the only one located downstairs so you'd rather have him there than be a drunk and fall downstairs.

you put the bucket & water beside him "here's some water and a bucket. let me know if you need anything"

he then grabs onto your arm "you. i need you"

you sighed "zion. i've seen you drunk multiple times.. why is this time so different? why are you so different this time?"

zion shrugs "i don't know. i just. i love you"

you nod "i love you too z. you're my-"

he cut you off "don't say best friend. i want. i need more than that. i know how you feel isn't the same but i just-"

you then cut him off with a kiss. "i didn't know you felt the same."

zion smiled "neither did i. or i would of made that move ages ago"

you kissed again.

you look at zion "whether or not your my best friend or boyfriend, you need sleep"

zion nods "stay tho."

you nod. and ended up cuddling into him. he was a mess. but you loved it. it was weird? after he sobered up, he didn't remember much before the kiss. so you replaced the voicemails. it made him embarrassed which you loved but the fact that y'all could both laugh about it made you love it & him even more