my mama told me she cant wait to meet ya - z.k

you & zion have been offical for about 8 months. you more or less live with the guys since you're always over there. but you love being there.

the fans know about y'all, but his parents, do not. yours do as it was easy, it was just your mom's approval that was needed and she doesn't care who you're with just as long as you're happy. but z's parents.. well..

having them be in canada makes it a lot harder too.

but. it'll happen eventually.. maybe a little sooner than you expected though..

it was about 3pm. y'all were still in bed. it had been a long night of partying & you just wanted to have a lazy day. you were scrolling through your phone when you can feel zion looking at you.

you put your phone on the table then roll over to face zion "yes?"

zion itches his head "my parents are coming to town tomorrow..."

you look at zion "what?!? tomorrow?! couldn't you of-"

zion grabs onto your face and chuckled a little "hey hey hey! can you breathe? i like you better when you're breathing. this is why i waited until it was closer to the time to tell you"

you look at zion " that doesn't make it easier.. i've never met your parents.. hell i've never met any guy i've been with parents... zion. i can't. i'm not ready. i'm genuinely not."

zion smiled softly kissing you "baby. chill. it'll be okay! i promise. i wouldn't let you meet them if it would be! plus, my mama told me she can't wait to meet ya!"

you sighed "that doesn't make this any easier, z. i adore you, but this is a massive step"

zion nods "one i want to take with you. y/n. you can do this"

you nod.
before you knew it it was time to meet his parents. he had gone to pick them up from the airport but insisted you stayed home to welcome them, so it's what you did.

they walk inside. zion's mom comes in first and goes straight for a hug "hey love! you're beautiful! nice to meet you!"

you smiled hugging her back "it's nice to meet you too"

his dad. well. he just looked at you and shrugged.

you look at zion "help" you mouth. you were hoping he would kill the tension.

zion nods "dad this is y/n who i've been telling you about"

his dad nods "i know"

zion pokes him a little "aside please"

zion pulled his dad away from you & his mom and pokes him again "hey! snap out it."

zion's dad shrugs "she has a bad vibe bout her kid"

zion looks at you then smiled then at his dad "dad. i adore her. she's the best thing that's happened to me out here"

zion's dad nods "y/n? a quick word please?"

you nod "sure thing"

you walk over to his dad. you had no idea what was about to happen. but. you went with it.

his dad grabs onto your shoulder "that caleb of mine.. he's a good kid. don't hurt him yeah?"

you nod "i'd never dream of hurting him. i adore him"

zion's dad nods "he said the same thing.."

you nod and continue to ramble "he's helped me through so much.. a lot more than you realise. i don't know what you know about me sir but i can assure you, i will never hurt your son. especially after all the heartache i've been through in past relationships & even with my own parents. i wouldn't let anything happen to him hes-"

zion's dad cut you as he then smiled "breathe yeah? i believe you. you seem like you'd give the world up for him"

you nod "yes, i would"

zion's dad smiled and nods "approval from me!"

zion's mom nods "approval from me too!"

zion kisses your cheek "let's eat yeah?"

you had prepared food before hand and just had it covered in the oven so it stayed warm until they got here. you dished up and everyone ate. it was a good night. definitely wasn't anywhere near as hard as you were expecting. you were nervous at times but once you heard that both approved, it eased the anxiety a lot.

you spent the rest of the time getting to know his parents and you ended up loving them. they were amazing. big weight lifted off your shoulders that's for sure!