A New World

Waking to the sun on his face. Ye Huas eyes remained closed as his memories of the night before began to slowly filter back to him.  Their love making had not stopped since the moment he returned and now fully sated and exceptionally happy, the smile that rose grew a little wider at the memory of it.  The scent of passion was in the air and it was a scent he aimed to be fully enveloped in now that he had brought his plan into fruition and he knew that with Su Su, that aspect of their love would not be difficult to achieve because she was in truth a highly sexual woman who thrived on physical attention and being pregnant did not in any way lessen it, in fact she was even more so.

Some time in the night, he had taken a little time to heal his wounds from the battle.  They were not overly deep, though the Soul Slasher had left a permanent scar, which he did not mind too much, because that too would remain as a constant symbol for their enduring love and the lengths he would go to in order to keep her at his side.

Lifting the red silk sheet to look down at himself, he could see that it had healed well, and in a few days, it should cause him no more concern but he knew he would have to be careful not to upset it, though love making also helped because it raised his adrenaline which was just as much a healer as his own magical healing abilities.

Only the moment he turned to see if the sunlight through the red silk sheet had the same affect as the candlelight on her skin, then he suddenly threw it off him.  Not only was Su Su awake and out of bed, but with a sinking feeling as his eyes darted about the interior, he soon realized she was not even in the house.  

Steeling himself, he quickly rose to dress himself before making his way to the main entrance.  Even through the kitchen windows he could see the drastic change from their forest on Mountain Junji to the land that their home now rested on.  The soft breeze that swept through the large Fountain Palms that dwarfed the house in both height and prolificacy were an instant give away that they were no longer in a familiar place and the moment he stepped outside, the sight of Su Su wrapped in a blanket and sitting on the ledge of a small rock pool staring wide eyed in surprise and fear soon had his feet moving very quickly towards her.

Turning at the sound of his footsteps, Su Sus wide eyes soon began to flutter nervously the closer he got to her.  To Ye Huas mind, at that moment, she looked like a scared rabbit that was only seconds away from fleeing and before she could make a single sound, she was in the air and in his arms so quickly, that any thoughts of running were soon swept away when the gentle yet safe feel of his embrace began to calm her down.

But she had questions and plenty of them and the moment he sat down where she had been with her on his lap then the first one instantly broke.

"Ye Hua.  Am I dreaming?"

Smiling down at her, he shook his head.  "No, you are not dreaming."

"Then if I am not dreaming, then where am I exactly?" 

And it was here that Ye Hua began to quickly gather a well rehearsed speech, only he had not taken into account how such a drastic change would affect her, she looked so confused and near tears that his speech was soon thrown to the wind as he gathered her closer.

"Su Su.  There are things about me that I have not spoken about because they are no longer a concern to me.  I gave up those inconsequential things because I wanted to be with you and our child, but in order for us to be together, I had to move our home so you and our child would remain safe and we could live peacefully without any more interruptions.  The battle I left behind was my last fight, and I have no intention of returning to that life if it means I have to continuously leave you behind." he said.  He knew he was not making any sense, and he could see the questions piling up in her mind.  He was wagering heavily on her simpleness to accept what he said without question even if it sounded flimsy to his own ears.