The House

Mount Junji

Haode did not even notice the little bee, which was the only thing moving in that place other than his own people who were still scouring for a hint of movement or magical barriers that may still be hidden among the trees.

So far, he had not managed to find a wisp of Ye Huas magic or even a sign that Mount Junji was where he should even be.  All he had to go by, was a the knowledge that the two had been there and a hunch, and to date, his inner hunches always proved correct, so he did not move an inch as his mind delved into itself to find something that would give his Grandson away.

Thinking back again to when the land used to be owned by the Dark Realms, he suddenly remembered one very vital piece of information which he had forgotten all about.  The reason why the Golden Lion had been seen in that area and why he had been attached to that house in particular, was because it had once belonged to Qing Cang.  

Though why that thought was important now, he wasn't sure but he knew that man well.  If there was any lingering magic that Ye Hua might have been able to tap into, then perhaps it was still there in a form he had not thought to look for.

Quickly finding his feet, having sat on the porch for almost an hour lost in thought, he once again began to scout the outer edges of the house, only this time, he was looking for a trace of dark magic which almost had him hitting himself.  Of all the things he should have looked for first, it was dark energy, after all the Darklands had owned Mount Junji for centuries before Ye Hua took hold of it.  

Dark magic vibrated at a much lower level than High energy magic, which was where he needed to place himself.  This was almost the same method that Ci Hang had used, only Haode was searching for a much lower vibration.  And as a whisper of energy breezed across his face the moment he lowered his vibration, his eyes darkened as he felt the first stirrings of the ancient Overlord begin to flicker in waves about front door step.

_________

Somewhere.....

How the hell did this happen?" Ye Huas voice snapped angrily as he held his son close to his chest.

"That we need to figure out and quickly.   Your magical spell is no longer protecting you Ye Hua and was it not for the child, I might not be so easily swayed to help you."  Ci Hang said before lifting his sleeping spell off the woman.

"I don't understand how his energy was able to traverse the vast distance.  Even if he had managed to enter the connecting thread just before you and Mo Yuan collapsed it, he should by all rights not be able to maintain his hold over Su Su or affect my child now." He said becoming upset and exceptionally angry.  

"Why couldn't you just leave us alone?" he asked before quickly averting his eyes at his insubordination which he knew his Shifu would not take kindly to.  He had not meant to anger to that extent, and he certainly had not intended to speak so foolishly, but the words were actioned and one look on his Shifus face, said he was in deep trouble.

And he was right, because no sooner were the words out of his mouth, then not only was the baby magically placed beside his sleeping mother, but Ye Hua suddenly found himself flying across room as a bolt of powerful energy hit him.

"On your knees!"  Ci Hang voice whip lashed the air as he stormed towards him.

Stumbling to his knees, Ye Huas body lowered into a deep bow.

"Forgive me Shifu.  I wasn't thinking." he whispered in disbelief and horror.  It had been centuries since his Shifu had disciplined him, and at that very moment, he was feeling very small as Ci Hang glared down at him.