When Worlds Collide

Qing Qiu.

Arriving in Qing Qing, Haode grimaced at the rain.  He was wearing a protective shield but it had been years since he had last stepped out into such extreme weather and he being able to feel the cold only made the heartbreak of Ye Huas disappearance that much more depressing.  But they were not waiting in the rain any longer than it took for that thought to pass through his mind.  No sooner had the Foxes Tree Sprite become aware of their arrival, then they were both being ushered inside.

"Haode, Di Jun!  This is a surprise." Bai Zhi said greeting them warmly which had the Empress quickly flying into the main den to welcome them having heard who it was that had braved the cold winter rains just to visit them.

"Forgive us for the sudden intrusion and lack of warning." Haode replied with a smile as he looked about the chamber.  It hadn't changed at all since he was last there.  It was hard to believe they were considered the worlds most wealthiest and powerful Tribe when they lived so simply and for a moment he felt uncomfortable being in such a basic and unadorned home, but that was soon swept from his mind when the Fox Kings Granddaughter appeared in a flash of red silk and soft blushes to serve them tea.

Leading them both to sit down on the plush sofas that were covered in pillows of almost every colour, the four took a seat as Feng Jiu poured the tea while also wondering what on earth had brought Di Jun out into the wet weather.  He did not like to be uncomfortable, so she was more than nervous by the visit which only increased at Haodes presence, also being a man she gathered did not like to rain going by his uncomfortable entrance.

"I take it you have met my Granddaughter Feng Jiu?" Bai Zhi asked as the girl almost upended the tea pot all over Di Jun in her haste to serve them.  Her eyes were on his face and her heart was racing at the speed of an arrow just looking at him.  There was something in his eyes that she wasn't too sure of, and of them all, she was the only one who could read those eyes most of the time, but suddenly she became nervous.

"Yes I have." Haode replied giving the girl a nod of his head and a warm smile.  "In fact, she is the reason why I am here."  he said watching as the teapot hit the cold metal tray with a resounding clang only to then watch as she jumped back.

"Me Your Highness?" she asked Haode even though her eyes were on Di Jun who was also looking at her, but having no expression on his face, none there knew what he was thinking or even if he was.

Turning back to Bai Zhi, Haode first asked after Bai Qian.  "I heard she was injured during her battle with Qing Cang.  I am sorry to hear that." he said and he genuinely was.  The woman was a heroine, one they all owed a debt to.

"She is sadly unresponsive.  We have not been able to reach her since that day." her mother replied.  It wasn't exactly a lie, so she felt no guilt in misleading these two men, when the truth was, she had no idea where her daughter even was.

"I also heard about Crown Prince Ye Hua.  We are truly sorry to hear of his passing." Bai Zhi cut in with a sad expression, one that was also just as genuine, he had liked the boy.  

"Well.  Unfortunately fate has seen fit to take him, which is why we are here." Haode said and getting to the point of their visit in order to move the conversation away from his wayward Grandson and onto their Granddaughter. 

Taking a sip of tea, Di Jun watched the girl fidget beside her father with an amused expression while also listening in on the mind chatter which never seemed to cease.  In fact it never ceased to amaze him how very active her mind was and at that moment, she was not being overly polite towards Haode who was receiving a tongue lashing for daring to wear his golden dinner plate hat which is how she viewed his crown, one she thought was best suited on the Monkey King, a man who was even more ostentatious than he was.