The Voice

Southern Guangxi

Moving quietly through the cave, Su Jins mind was in a state of euphoria.  Finally she had a real chance at getting Ye Hua back.  Haode had all but given her permission to not only to do as she pleased so long as the Mortal was forced back to the Nine Heavens, but for her trouble, she would get Ye Hua in return.  He had promised to release her straight into his Harem, so without wasting a moment, she lifted an impregnable barrier around herself and returned.  

The first time she had visited, Er Li had noticed her presence, but this time she was going to be far more careful, though it did surprise her, because if anyone should have seen through the disguise, it should have been Ye Hua, only it seemed that either Er Lis power far surpassed his fathers which she did not believe, or he had taken on some of the power source which Haode had suggested when she returned to inform him of the boys actions against her.

This made more sense because Er Li had been conceived under that canopy, so his fetus would have taken on some of Qing Cangs power, and which explained why he could see her disguise being of the same energy, but it also seemed as if he was able to use it to protect himself including those around him.

This time, she avoided the child altogether who was now sleeping in his own chamber and seeing as Ye Hua did not sleep with a privacy barrier up so the they could hear Er Li if he awoke in the night, entering their chamber merely meant walking straight through the doorway.

Seeing Su Su in bed with her Ye Hua, the anger once again rose.  The memory of what she had been made to endure in that room, was still fresh in her mind, and as she made her way towards the Mortal, she quickly lowered herself to her knees to begin what would be a series of night time visits to ease the woman out of Ye Huas life forever using subliminal messages which attached itself to the persons subconscious while they slept. 

"Su Su.  Ye Hua doesn't really love you.  He is about to take a new side consort for his harem.  Did you know that he has a Harem?" the soft voice in the dark whispered into her ear as she slept.

Turning over onto her side, Su Sus sleep induced mind faintly heard the whisper, but her dreams were of much more pleasant things.  Er Li was about to turn one year of age and a birthday party was on her mind when she went to bed, so it had carried into her dreams.  In her dream Ye Hua had taken them to see a play, one about a  little boy who loved to dance.  Only the whispering voice grew more persistent.

"Did you know that he is also in an arranged marriage, one who will be his first wife and the Empress of the Nine Heavens?  He agreed to the alliance, he was even happy about it." the voice continued in an almost sing song voice.

Slowly the voice began to take over from her dream and the words subconsciously began to take hold.

"He only married you because of Er Li.  He didn't want to leave his family that he loves very much, he only married you because he felt sorry for you, only now, he sees you as a hindrance.  You are a wanted fugitive, but you kept that back from him didn't you Su Su, now he is stuck here in a world he doesn't belong to." the voice continued.

"Who are you?' Su Sus timid voice asked as her happy dream began to fade and a slow growing mist began to take over.

"I am your friend Su Su.  I am trying to help you.  You need to leave him before it's too late.  His Grandfather knows where you are and when he comes to collect him, you and Er Li will be in great danger." the voice warned her as gently as she could while placing great emphasis on the word danger.  

"Er Li....?" her timid voice began to quiver as the mist completely enveloped her.

In the dream, Su Su saw herself on Mount Jun Ji, only it felt so much different.  The cabin wasn't there, only the dense forest and the mist.  Now and then, eyes would appear from all directions in that cold damp place and the chill in the air only frightened her more and suddenly she began to cry.