A Little Step Forward

Seeing as Ye Hua had agreed to the reunion with his Grandfather, there wasn't much Mo Yuan or Bai Qian could do to prevent it, but Mo Yuan did insist that the meeting be kept brief having just resurrected and if anyone would know how weak he would be feeling, it was him.

Leading both Haode and Di Jun into the Grand Hall, Di Jun made it very clear that he was not happy to have been kept out, considering the vast amount of work he had done in not only saving Ye Hua and Bai Qian while she was on trial, but also in assisting Mo Yuan back by offering his own cultivation to make his elixir.  Something that had seen him forced into seclusion.  He was not to blame for what happened to Ye Hua afterwards, and nor was anyone blaming him, though questions were asked of Haode and more so from Bai Qian.

"I cannot be held responsible for Ye Huas actions, not when the laws of Heaven were passed down through his biological father, and that being the Heavenly Lord who created the laws we still live by." he replied softly though he was not liking the interrogation from a woman who in his eyes, was responsible for Ye Huas predicament in the first place.

"Qian Qian.  Every decision I made was my own....." Ye Hua tried to explain, only to have Bai Qian on her feet and defending him against his wishes, having asked her to keep quiet.

Her entire body was rigid with rage.  Twenty five thousands years of pent up anger at this man in particular had been swallowed down and kept under tight control for only one man, and that was her Shifu.  But to see the very reason for Ye Huas demise sitting there and acting all happy to have him back suddenly and without warning burst its confines and despite the warning look from Mo Yuan, she did not hold back on her criticism.

"I know that Ye Hua, but he could have saved you.  He is the ruler of the Heavens is he not?  What good is a Heavenly Lord if he has no voice?" she almost screamed at him while barely keeping from launching herself at him.

"Qian Qian, that's enough!" Ye Hua snapped and losing his own temper.

Only she was so angry, she missed the warning in his glare and continued despite the fact that Mo Yuan had risen from the dais.

"No!" she snapped back before taking two steps towards the platform where Haode was sitting.

"You are immune to every law written.  You have the ability to overrule every law for yourself.  Why not for your Grandson, the Celestial Crown Prince Haode?  Or do you deem your life more precious than his?" her voice thundered through the Grand Hall and bringing all movement to a halt.

Her seniors who had been busying themselves with the freshments stopped in their tracks to stare in disbelief that she would dare speak to The Heavenly Lord like that.  Not only did she question his judgement, but to call him by name was afforded to very few and in their eyes, she was not one of them.  In fact, to call him by name, literally lessoned his status in their eyes.

"Seventeen!"  Mo Yuans voice bellowed over the top of her and stilling anything else she had to say, something that irked his brother a little seeing as she had not listened to him, but seeing as she was looking as if she might actually draw a sword, having worked herself into such a rage, he decided it was best to end the meeting.  

Only Mo Yuan was already on his feet and heading towards them.

"Seventeen." his voice was low and barely audible, but the anger was evident as she literally withered before him.

"Shifu please....." she begged for understanding, only to clamp her mouth shut the moment he stood before her.

"Must you remind the world of how incompetent a teacher I am?" he asked down at the bowed head that was lowering with every word.